Hacking Original xbox compatibility list on RGH Xbox360?

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there,

can somebody link me the most recent compatibility list of the original xbox on RGH xbox360 emulator?

PS: I've read somewhere that a new version of the original xbox emulator came out. Can you guys link me the site if this is true?

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That update is from 2011. There hasn't been a newer one.

There isn't a compatibility list that will tell you which games the fixer wll fix (at least that I'm aware of) but if you ask if a game works I can probably tell you.

Last edited by EmulateLife,

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That update is from 2011. There hasn't been a newer one.

There isn't a compatibility list that will tell you which games the fixer wll fix (at least that I'm aware of) but if you ask if a game works I can probably tell you.

Thank you all guys. Actually I have a big list of games would like to run:

- Break down
-Thief
-Syberia 2
- Kingdom under fire
-dead or alive (1-2 ultimate)
- Phantom dust
- far cry 1
- serious sam 2
- stubbz the zombie
- dreamfall
circus maximus
- otogi
- otogi2
- jet set radio future
-hunter reckoning
- hunter redeamer
-kill switch
- deus ex invisible war
- gungriffon
- sudeki
-gun valkyrie
- scrapland
-xyanide
- oddworld munch's odissey
- oddworld strangers
-shenmue 2
- myst 3
- buffy
- sega gt 2002
- steel batalion
- dead or alive extreme
- brute force
- soulcalibur 2
- crimson skyes
- buffy

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of those are on the official compatibility list, but

Yes
Yes
Dunno
Dunno
Yes
Yes
Dunno (I play Far Cry Classic same game better graphics)
Dunno
Dunno
yes
dunno
yes
yes
yes
dunno
dunno
yes
yes
dunno
dunno
yes
dunno
dunno
dunno
dunno
yes
dunno
yes
yes
dunno
dunno
dunno
dunno
dunno
yes you said this twice

If I said dunno check the compatibility list or test it yourself.

Reactions: MKKhanzo

contezero

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That update is from 2011. There hasn't been a new one"

A new update was released month ago. I wrote about that here, on february:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/original-xbox-compatibility-list-on-rgh-xbox360.544338/

And, here (with more details):

https://assemblergames.com/threads/new-og-xbox-backwards-compat-update.70599/#post-985393

The update appeared on december 2018 and in february started to circulate in private forums and then on realmodscene. No link because in theory is copyrighted software.

Last edited by contezero,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what new games are compatible? If none then who cares if they made some maintenance update.

And how would it be copyright if Microsoft made the update?

"Not sure if this is relevant, but Microsoft did do an update a couple of days ago which affected Xbox 360 Consoles & Xbox One Backwards Compatibility. It states 'Titles and services maintenance', so that is what has me thinking.. "

That sounds like to me an update for Xbox One for Xbox 360 games not on Xbox 360 for Xbox original games.

You even wrote

"From a practical point of view this news is useless: if you are on a jtag xbox and you install this update you will lose the bigger compatibility of the hacked version; if you are on a retail non modded console the update will quietly download if you have a title that needs it."

So why are you preaching that there's a new update without stating such here? If it doesn't benefit anybody.

contezero

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So what new games are compatible? If none then who cares if they made some maintenance update.

Consider it a "stability upgrade". Maybe you do not care but there are plenty of those news here on gbatemp.

And how would it be copyright if Microsoft made the update?

You have no clue how copyright works. Everything is copyrighted. Firmware update, game update, every update is protected. Then copyright owners can choose if and how to enforce that. But feel free to post this update on the download forum. I am not going to do that.

"Not sure if this is relevant, but Microsoft did do an update a couple of days ago which affected Xbox 360 Consoles & Xbox One Backwards Compatibility. It states 'Titles and services maintenance', so that is what has me thinking.. "

That sounds like to me an update for Xbox One for Xbox 360 games not on Xbox 360 for Xbox original games.

I never written what you are quoting. This update has to be downloaded on your original non modded xbox 360 to work.

You even wrote

"From a practical point of view this news is useless: if you are on a jtag xbox and you install this update you will lose the bigger compatibility of the hacked version; if you are on a retail non modded console the update will quietly download if you have a title that needs it."

So why are you preaching that there's a new update without stating such here? If it doesn't benefit anybody.

Only to see people asking ETA WEN as usually happens with all the "stability" update news :-)

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is not about stability updates though it's about compatibility updates, so you're off topic.

It's pretty obvious to anyone with common sense that the last compatibility update was 2011, as I stated. Since Xbox 360 died like half a decade ago it's safe to say there won't be another one from Microsoft. Probably not from the homebrew community either.

From Microsoft's standpoint they just stopped doing b/c for Xbox 360 games on Xbox One, so it makes no sense that they would do some new update for compatibility on Xbox 360 for Xbox games. That is what this topic is about.

But if it makes you feel important keep spreading the word about MS's maintenance update. All you're doing is misleading people and making them think new games will work when they won't, and you're doing it on purpose for some reason because in this thread you did not say "this news is useless" like you did in the other thread. You instead tried to correct me that a compatibility update happened in 2018. Compatibility means more games will work you even admitted for those on jtag less games will work lmao.

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is an older thread, but for anyone that may read this thread looking for information, there is a new rgh version of the emulator. The new update does have some patches by mathieulh. There is even 128mb xbox emulation support as in devkit support. Theoretically maybe even chihiro support as well. I havent tried it but the release does contain a 128mb emulator edition. There is also proper aurora dash support. Just wanted to point it out because there are some significant quality of life updates on it. There is littler reason to stick to the old one. You may now also call the the full blades guide button instead of it just telling you what version of the emulator you are running.

Last edited by WD_GASTER2,

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is an older thread, but for anyone that may read this thread looking for information, there is a new rgh version of the emulator. The new update does have some patches by mathieulh. There is even 128mb xbox emulation support as in devkit support. Theoretically maybe even chihiro support as well. I havent tried it but the release does contain a 128mb emulator edition. There is also proper aurora dash support. Just wanted to point it out because there are some significant quality of life updates on it. There is littler reason to stick to the old one. You may now also call the the full blades guide button instead of it just telling you what version of the emulator you are running.

I dont suppose you could tell me if Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes now works with the new update? This is the main game I have been waiting for in backwards compatibility, more so since KOF2 flopped out, these were some of the best games on the system imo and would be ecstatic to find out Heroes could finally be played along side crusaders.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont suppose you could tell me if Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes now works with the new update? This is the main game I have been waiting for in backwards compatibility, more so since KOF2 flopped out, these were some of the best games on the system imo and would be ecstatic to find out Heroes could finally be played along side crusaders.

I can't guarantee that this is correct, but based on what I've read, it only fixes issues with games that are already compatible with the 360. I have the emulator files on my pc, but I haven't installed them. I installed the first hacked files. I don't play the 360 anymore besides updating dash kernels.

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://pastebin.com/5dPHze8i

That is the entire compat list that is built into the fusion emu(the OG compat).
Search your game and if it says "AllowedFlag = 1" then its officially supported and if its 0 then you can run it with the hacked files but no guaranty if it will work correctly.

EDIT: oh and google for Mathuelh's twitter since he has updated hacked compat files there.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://pastebin.com/5dPHze8i

That is the entire compat list that is built into the fusion emu(the OG compat).
Search your game and if it says "AllowedFlag = 1" then its officially supported and if its 0 then you can run it with the hacked files but no guaranty if it will work correctly.

EDIT: oh and google for Mathuelh's twitter since he has updated hacked compat files there.

never looked over the compatibility list, since I only have like 3 xbox original games.

steve773

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
128MB version or the 64MB version i want to play def jam and the conflict series has any one tryed both or know the difference in games it allows

TheUltimateMan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They is only one original Xbox game I am hoping to play on the 360.

Superman: The Man of Steel

Can someone PLEASE confirm if that game works?

Thank you in advance

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated:

20200625_045849_HDR.jpg

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Last edited by Deleted member 323844,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I couldn't get the hud to work unless I imported the compatibility files. the compatibility files worked regardless, just not the hud if ftp'd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn