Original Wii, installed BootMii, can't install WADs with MMM.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by XDel, Aug 13, 2014.

1. XDel
    OP

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    Ok, so I lost my drive that had all of my self written guides on hacking the Wii, as well as all of the organized software that I used to do it.

I went to a guide on here, but alas, the guide seems to be coming from a different angle than what I used to use, plus half of the links are dead.

So here is what I've done thus far:

Installed the Homebrew Channel along with Bootmii on a Wii with a fully up to date firmware.

After this I launch MMM, but after installing all the WADs it says that in fact none of them had been installed.

I recall at this point having to deal with "stubbed IOS's" (I believe they were called), but since I lost my guide and software I do not recall for the life of me what I did next.

I can tell you all in advance that I do not have the internet at home, so the method I had used was done completely off-line.

If someone can direct me to a guide with working links, that would be a major boon!

BTW, I own a copy of Lego Indiana Jones.

2. 466

466 yes, it says 466

Mar 28, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Earth
  3. XDel
    OP

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    Will do, thanks!

4. DaMan4169

DaMan4169 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2009
    United States
    Well after installing HBC the next step is generally to install a patched version of IOS36 into slot 236 with IOS236 Installer or Simple IOS Patcher so you can use 236 to install wads with a WAD manager.

ModMii is a Windows program that asks a few questions then will download/build the needed file and create a custom guide for you.

Or there is also the Softmod ANY Wii guide that has been kept up-to-date but is located on another wii hacks site....

Personally I think ModMiiSkin is easier to follow for first time modders and it has video links in the guide it creates.
    It also has a guide if Hackmii has issues install HBC
    or one for Sneek/Uneek for NAND emulation for more advanced modding.

5. XDel
    OP

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris

Thanks, MODmii saved the day. Usually I would have gotten errors with it, but what ever was holding it back before must have been fixed. Wonderful!!!!