Hacking Original Wii, installed BootMii, can't install WADs with MMM.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I lost my drive that had all of my self written guides on hacking the Wii, as well as all of the organized software that I used to do it.

I went to a guide on here, but alas, the guide seems to be coming from a different angle than what I used to use, plus half of the links are dead.

So here is what I've done thus far:

Installed the Homebrew Channel along with Bootmii on a Wii with a fully up to date firmware.

After this I launch MMM, but after installing all the WADs it says that in fact none of them had been installed.

I recall at this point having to deal with "stubbed IOS's" (I believe they were called), but since I lost my guide and software I do not recall for the life of me what I did next.

I can tell you all in advance that I do not have the internet at home, so the method I had used was done completely off-line.

If someone can direct me to a guide with working links, that would be a major boon!

BTW, I own a copy of Lego Indiana Jones.

DaMan4169

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well after installing HBC the next step is generally to install a patched version of IOS36 into slot 236 with IOS236 Installer or Simple IOS Patcher so you can use 236 to install wads with a WAD manager.

ModMii is a Windows program that asks a few questions then will download/build the needed file and create a custom guide for you.

Or there is also the Softmod ANY Wii guide that has been kept up-to-date but is located on another wii hacks site....

Personally I think ModMiiSkin is easier to follow for first time modders and it has video links in the guide it creates.
It also has a guide if Hackmii has issues install HBC
or one for Sneek/Uneek for NAND emulation for more advanced modding.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well after installing HBC the next step is generally to install a patched version of IOS36 into slot 236 with IOS236 Installer or Simple IOS Patcher so you can use 236 to install wads with a WAD manager.

ModMii is a Windows program that asks a few questions then will download/build the needed file and create a custom guide for you.

Or there is also the Softmod ANY Wii guide that has been kept up-to-date but is located on another wii hacks site....

Personally I think ModMiiSkin is easier to follow for first time modders and it has video links in the guide it creates.
It also has a guide if Hackmii has issues install HBC
or one for Sneek/Uneek for NAND emulation for more advanced modding.

Thanks, MODmii saved the day. Usually I would have gotten errors with it, but what ever was holding it back before must have been fixed. Wonderful!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c