Hacking original r4 with new moonshell 2 help

treo700p

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an r4 with 1.18 firmware and moonshell 1.71. I have tried to run the new moonshell 2 beta 12 and some of the other beta versions but they always get stuck on the loading screen. I have tried deleting the log file, renaming the folder to moonshll etc but when I load the r4 it starts with moonshell 1.71 screen or freezes during loading. I tried deleting the original moonshell but still haven't had success loading moonshell 2. Does anyone know what needs to be deleted and how to change the files (names) to get the new moonshell working? All I had to do on the DSTT was copy and paste but that didn't work on the r4. Any step by step guide would be much appreciated.

Viliasas

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nds.lt
XP
Country
Hi,
i don't really know how to help you, but i got some people runing MoonShell2 as R4 firmware by this guide HERE.

I don't know if i can post links here, but i've made packs for R4 in a little Lithuanian NDS community. You can try both packs: -snip- and -snip-. One is for originals and the other is for clones. If one wouldn't work, try the other one.

treo700p

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your reply. Do I have to have YSMenu? I don't really care about playing the roms from moonshell, I just want to play the movies and I like the new moonshell...at least the way it works on the DSTT. Using the original 1.18 firmware has worked with all my roms including Pokemon Platinum. If I replace all my files with your firmware download, will all my roms work? What would I need to delete on my card before I reload it or do I just copy the new files to it?

Viliasas

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nds.lt
XP
Country
Well basically that pack uses MoonShell2 as GUI and YSMenu to load roms... Back up your files and try it. And about what to delete, i would recomend backing up your saves and firmware and then deleting original firmware files and old MoonShell files... To load saves they have to be in the same folder as rom.

icepick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
............ "i've made packs for R4 in a little Lithuanian NDS community, You can try "

And for one of the R4 Original ....may you have a great week ahead !

Viliasas, Thanks from my kiddie & myself !

smile.gif

Viliasas

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nds.lt
XP
Country
Sorry for bringing couple days old topic, but it seems that i can't post links with ysmenu... I apologize for that and for those who want it very badly and don't care about Yasu's feeling, you can try diging through my website... But it's not in English so i can't help you there...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou