PS1/2 Original playstation eject spring

laudern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I purchased a playstation from a yard sale and it is missing the spring which sits under the eject button, which pushes the button back up.

I live in a pretty small outback town and will check the local computer and hardware store tomorrow, but chances are they won't have a spring to fit. So I was wondering if anyone knows of an online store which will have what I want and ship to Australia??

Last edited by laudern,

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually you don't need to do anything special to fix your PS. You can fix the issue by putting a spring between the tray and the button the tray presses to let the console know if it's closed. Here's some pics of what I'm talking about: http://sadbuttru.tripod.com/4.htm

You'd really only do this if you were installing a modchip as it lets you swap out discs easily but it can be used to fix your problem without going out of the way.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The psx actually does have a modchip installed.

Since there is a modchip, doesn't that mean I won't need to do the disc swapping??

When you have a modchip installed you don't need to do anything special to play your games usually. It depends on the chip installed but normally you'd put the game in and start the system. However if you use other means of playing your games (like an action replay) you would need to swap out your discs. This is made easier by the fact action replay stops the game disc from spinning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water