Original phat ds slot 2 > ds lite slot 2

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ceanth, Jul 21, 2008.

Jul 21, 2008
  1. ceanth
    OP

Newcomer ceanth Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Is there anyway to convert a slot2 for a phat ds into the slot 2 for a lite ds?

I have bought an m3 real which came with a slot2 rumble but this doesnt fit in the original ds.

2. jeklnoo

Member jeklnoo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    yeah, find an empty phat slot-2 cartridge case, take the circuit board from the lite slot-2 cart case, and put it into the bigger phat slot-2 cart case.

3. suppachipmunk

Member suppachipmunk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The M3 Real has alternate case that you can place the lite circuit board into. I think you can buy it from divineo.cn I will check on that in a second.

Or you can do as jeklnoo said and use a GBA game case or something.

Nevermind about the Divineo.cn thing. I am sure there is a site that sells the case by itself, because dealextreme.com sells the M3 real with the clear phat case. sorry.

4. darkfhang

Newcomer darkfhang Member

United States
    For me, a GBA game case didn't work, opened it up, took the game chip out, but the GBA expansion chip didn't fit right into it. My solution was to take the front plate off the cartridge, put the screw back in to hold the chip in place, and stick it in the slot, pushing it in place with the stylus. Works great, GBA games work perfectly. Didn't have to go out and buy empty cartridges then. If I need to get it out, I can probably use tweezers on the screw and pull it out like that. Got me all set for when the Mother 3 patch comes out. =D

I don't know if it would work for the rumble pak though. Might not be a good idea.