Original Ninja Gaiden camera?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Xbox' started by GeekyGuy, Mar 24, 2008.

Mar 24, 2008
  1. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Okay, I admit, I've got the bug after playing Dragon Sword on the DS. I don't even own an original Xbox, but since you can get them fairly cheap these days, I'm thinking of buying one just to play the original Ninja Gaiden. Was wondering if the camera in the game was a cinematic camera system, ala God of War, or if it's player-controlled. If player-controlled, how does it work?

Thanks

2. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Been a long time since I played , but I think Ninja gaiden has a fixed camera similar to god of war , while ninja gaiden black has player controlled camera.

3. GeekyGuy
    OP

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Cool. To me, a fix camera would be preferred. I really loved the cinematic camera of GoW, and it allowed me to just enjoy playing the game without having to also fiddle with a camera during battles.

Thanks

4. Zendrik

Member Zendrik GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hmm, it's been quite a while, but the original Ninja Gaiden's camera was static. It scrolls with the player, since It is a 2d side scroller. Now if you're talking about the new Ninja Gaiden series, all forms of NG1 have a fixed, moving camera. This includes Ninja Gaiden(XBOX), Ninja Gaiden Black, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

As a suggestion, you should play Ninja Gaiden 1, 2, and 3 on the NES. They are, in my opinion, just as hard, if not harder, than the new series.