[ORIGINAL] Injectiine - Wii U Virtual Console Injector

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by CatmanFan, Dec 8, 2017.

1. GameInCanada

GameInCanada GBAtemp Regular

Feb 18, 2017
    Canada
    Run mocha cfw first

2. shadow256

shadow256 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2017
    France
    Helo,

I've modified a little your excellent script because I've found some bugs in the GBA script injection and the need to install Python and YAML library could be painful for some users. Here is the changelog for the 1.24 that I propose:
    -Added the "cd" command to initialize the path of the script to the "Loader.bat" script.
    -Del "RUN.bat" script because it's unusful now.
    -Fixed GBA injection.
    -Converting Python scripts to standard application ".exe" with Pyinstaller, Python doesn't need to be installed anymore by the user (all the consoles script have been updated to reflect this change).

Now only Java 8 is required to execute the script. Here is the download link to my version.

Note: I've left the python source code but it could be removed of the release if you want.

Hope this can help.

Obveron likes this.
  3. skills14

skills14 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2014
    Liverpool
    can i ask what sites you use to get the icons for the injects please?

4. SFNMutt

SFNMutt Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2017
    United States
    I'd like to share my problems & success.

When I first tried the CMD window would close as soon as I choose a console. the problem was you need to drop the rom, bootTvTex.png, & iconTex.png in the "Files" dir before that. I had them in a subfolder thinking I was going to choose a location or something. pulling them out of the sub folder & into the "Files" dir solved it.

Next, after I'd answered the questions & the screen would start spinning by w/ pings & downloads, it would again close. this time it was because Java wasn't installed. Installing Java solved that.

Under NES using Punch Out as the base I was able to build Rescue Rangers 1 & 2 and Little Nemo.

SMB3 hacks Mario Adventure & Super Mario Bros 3 Mix both failed much like the no java failure. it would proceed past all the pings & download messages and auto close before I was asked if I wanted to package it. it gets far enough to delete the files in the "Files" dir. I'm on Java 8. These are roms that I've been able to install & play on 3DS & SNES Classic so it's not that the hack wasn't applied correctly or that Mario Adventure wasn't hardware patched. I assume Duck Hunt as the base is more for gun games but I tried that too w/ the same result. I checked the compatibility list but the NES list is pretty blank. SMB3 isn't listed. I assume because it's one you can just download using USB Helper. I'd like to try using SMB3 as the base but don't know how. When supplying your own base the notice says to put "code, content, & meta folders, in the Base dir" but I'm not sure what the hell any of that is or how I'm building it. I have the SMB3 VC in USB Helper format & assume I'm supposed to do something w/ that. Can someone point me in the right direction? thanks

Under SNES using Metroid as the base SMW hack Super Mario World Odyssey failed. Changing to Kirby as the base worked!

I'm going to try GBA Mario Pinball now.

thanks for the great app!!!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

you can find some here. this thread also includes layered sample files so you can make your own.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/banners-icon-templates-for-wii-vc.483080/

you can find more here
    https://github.com/cucholix/wiivc-bis

Last edited by SFNMutt, Dec 28, 2017
  5. Dzm20

Dzm20 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2017
    United States
    Hello, I'm currently trying to inject a SNES game.
    I've followed every step but nothing shows up in the "Output" folder.
    I have the two png files, a rom.
    I've entered the required information.
    Not sure what's going wrong here.

6. SFNMutt

SFNMutt Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2017
    United States
    Using 1.23 for GBA failed. I'm not expert but looks like you have a couple "Mario & Luigi" that need the & escaped as ^& in GBA.bat.
    for example line 92 - echo Enter the title key for Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (EUR):
    should be - echo Enter the title key for Mario ^& Luigi: Superstar Saga (EUR):

making that change 3 times fixed this
    Screenshot_1.

still it zipped through to the do you want to package it promt really fast. I assume too fast. then when I choose to package it, the window closed w/o building it.

changing to zelda as the base fixed it. maybe there were more &s that need to be escaped that I didn't notice.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

do you have Java installed? if not, that's the problem.

Last edited by SFNMutt, Dec 28, 2017
  7. Dzm20

Dzm20 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2017
    United States
    Yes, I do.

8. SFNMutt

SFNMutt Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2017
    United States
    sorry I couldn't help more. did you try using a different base? I had an SNES game do this trying super metroid but changing to Kirby let it finish. what game is it?

check the compatibility page.
    https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_Snes_injection

9. WiiLikeToPlay2006

WiiLikeToPlay2006 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2017
    United States
    Speaking of custom bases, I need help on injecting GBA ROMs to custom GBA bases.

10. CatmanFan
    OP

CatmanFan Anxious and regretful

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    Place the decrypted base, including the "code", "content" and "meta" folders, in a folder called "Base" in the Files directory.
    This is what it should look like:
    • Files
      • Base
        • code
        • content
        • meta
      • bootTvTex.png
      • iconTex.png
      • (ROM)

11. Obveron

Obveron GBAtemp Fan

Jul 5, 2010
    Canada
    Can the wiimote work as the SuperScope?

12. CatmanFan
    OP

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    I don't think so. There haven't been any Super Scope games released on the eShop.

Obveron likes this.
  13. Obveron

Obveron GBAtemp Fan

Jul 5, 2010
    Canada
    Thanks for this tool, I look forward to injecting many a ROM!

14. WiiLikeToPlay2006

WiiLikeToPlay2006 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2017
    United States
    I tried to inject a ROM using the PAC-MAN Collection base, but I keep getting an error saying "Invalid Title ID." How do I fix it?

15. PokeFan221

PokeFan221 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 30, 2015
    United States
    i cant get it to work for pokemon black 2 ds rom i have the png files needed but nothing happens

16. GriiBleez

GriiBleez Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2017
    Romania
    Oh no! I have a problem! When I click to pack via NUSPacker, the app does something for 1 sec and then closes. What did I do wrong?

17. CatmanFan
    OP

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    Can you please check your Output folder if it contains your packed game?

18. GriiBleez

GriiBleez Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2017
    Romania
    Nope. Empty

19. GriiBleez

GriiBleez Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2017
    Romania
    Do I need to nter a specific rom name?

20. CatmanFan
    OP

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    Injectiine accepts any ROM regardless of how it's named, except the extensions.
    NES: *.nes
    SNES: *.smc, *.sfc
    N64: *.n64, *.z64, *.v64
    GBA: *.gba
    NDS: *.nds, *.srl

By the way, what console are you trying to inject? And what is your ROM named (include the extension, please)?
    P.S. you made a typo in "enter"

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted