[ORIGINAL] Injectiine - Wii U Virtual Console Injector

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by CatmanFan, Dec 8, 2017.

1. MagistrateVI

MagistrateVI Newbie

Newcomer
    May 9, 2019
    Canada
    Hello Guys,

I'm looking for help please. I want to inject SNES Dragan Quest I & II (the ROM is JAP but there is an english hacked version around).
    According to the compatibility guide it works with the JAP version of Super Metroid.

I tried everything I could to get it to go with Inline but all grey screens on the Wii.

How the heck do I get JAP Super Metroid to work with Inline?

Thanks!!!!

2. Asparagus33

Asparagus33 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2017
    United States
    What controllers can you use for these injects?

3. CORE

CORE 3:16

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    GamePad. Pro Controller. Possibly GameCube Controllers with Official or 3rd party Adapter.

That what I have been using.

I use Loadiine but you can also look into VPAD etc.

Last edited by CORE, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Asparagus33

Asparagus33 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2017
    United States
    Sweet. How would I get the Gamecube controllers working with the adapter?

5. CatmanFan
    OP

CatmanFan Anxious and regretful

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    I now have an announcement to make. This is going to be lengthy, so please bear with me.

Since forever I've been waiting for a new hard drive and new SD card for my Wii U. I managed to get the hard drive and SD card at one point (after a long hell of a lot of waiting), but then I ended up losing them by the time I received the Y-cable (which also took a very long period of time). So that meant I was still not budging to use my Wii U until I had all the essentials, which I'm pretty sure would take forever. Petty, I know.

As Mario Maker 2 got closer to release, I wanted to play some of the original Mario Maker on my Wii U, even with the old SD and hard drive I had. I made some pretty good progress in making new levels. I had also left my Gamepad alone, sometimes charging constantly so the battery doesn't drain, sometimes just left it there. But then last night I tried to turn on my Wii U Gamepad so I could play it another time, and the Gamepad immediately went to sleep forever as soon as I powered it on. I have no idea why this is, probably because of the battery or because I left it charging for so long, maybe even the Gamepad's mechanics itself but I can't be so sure.

Regardless, I was very disappointed at first, since not only the Gamepad died but it also meant that my Wii U was now obsolete as the main essential part of it is now gone, and who knows how and when I will ever get a repair or a replacement in my entire lifetime. Especially considering how long I've been waiting for the hard drive, SD and Y-cable in the first place. I also planned to not continue development on Injectiine until I got the aforementioned essentials, and now that the quest to save my Wii U has been pretty much lost, failed done with, gone in a heartbeat, insert other synonym for lost here, I just didn't know what to do with this tool I made. Either I could give it to someone else so that they could develop it from here, or I cancel the project. And I wasn't willing to stop development on this completely.

So I talked with @NicoAICP about this, and we both decided to transfer the Injectiine project over to him. Support will now be provided by Nico under the Ultimate VC Injector thread(s), as well as on the UWUVCI Discord under a new "Injectiine" category. Injectiine and UWUVCI will still remain as two different injectors, both command-line and GUI-based, respectively. The only difference will be that Nico will be the one responsible for maintaining development of Injectiine from this point on. I can assure that this will bring new features and bugfixes to Injectiine in the future, something that I really wish I could have done but I can't because of that damn hard drive and SD card.

I am planning for this thread to be locked and renamed to signify that this is the "Original Injectiine", the one that I built ground-up before I made the decision today to hand development over to Nico.

I hope you all understand this message, and I hope you have a good day.

~@CatmanFan

Mudwaster, Cleish85, CORE and 2 others like this.
  6. JacobM

JacobM GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2017
    United States
    Injectiine has been incredibly valuable over the years. I've been following Nico's project over roughly the same development time and yours has always been my preferred solution. Thank you for caring enough about your project to pass it along. Your contributions will help in making his project more stable for years to come!

CatmanFan likes this.
  7. AnotherOnes

AnotherOnes Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    United States
    Minneapolis, MN
    Super old but Gamecube controllers aren't compatible with Wii games on the Wii U

8. kotzepeter

kotzepeter Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2019
    Germany
    i cant figure it out whats going wrong...
    i try to create an banjo kazooie inject and followed every single step..
    everytime when i try to create the injection and i press y to accept.
    after the pings some texts flash up and the window crashes without anything in my output folder.
    im having java 8 and the bootdrctex boottvtex and icontex plus rom in my files folder...anyone knows what i must do?? this is a screenshot i took before it crashes

Attached Files:

9. pdog128

pdog128 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2019
    United States
    I'm new to this, and I'm having some trouble with Injectiine. It works fine for NES, I'm running into trouble with SNES. It gets stuck in a loop and nothing happens. I read through the thread, and it looks like some others were having the same issue back around page 12. It looks like it's trying to call a file from a website, but it can't get it and it gets stuck in a loop.

10. HugoPolo

HugoPolo Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2019
    France
    Same here, it tries to connect to an internet address and shuts down my injectiine. Impossible to go any step further. How to fix this please ?

11. Gamerguy_99

Gamerguy_99 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2019
    Ireland
    Would someone be able to help me out with this , I get to the rom injection screen after entering details and this always comes up and it scrolls forever without anything happening ,Ive tried to inject a couple games ,Castlevania DS and Pokemon soul silver and this is the result

Attached Files:

Last edited by Gamerguy_99, Sep 8, 2019
  12. CORE

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Do u have ur own Base for example.

SM64DS extracted Base and CastlevaniaDS Rom.

13. Gamerguy_99

Gamerguy_99 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2019
    Ireland
    Yes for Castlevania I used SM64 DS as a base and this was the outcome .For Pokemon SoulSilver USA, I added YoshisIsland DS from USB helper as a base and got the same thing

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Do I need to convert the base into Loadiine format or something , I can remember reading something in injectiine saying please make sure the base contains Content Meta etc.. ?

14. CORE

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Yes use USBHelper to extract to Loadiine / Cemu format it basically extracted contents.

15. Silver9000

Silver9000 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2016
    Brazil
    Does this one run Super Princess Peach?

16. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2008
    Australia
    No, this game is not compatible when injected, regardless what base you use or injector program.

17. Silver9000

Silver9000 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2016
    Brazil
    Pity. I really wanted to play this game on a big screen.

18. Chocas

Chocas Member

Newcomer
    May 18, 2017
    Im trying to inject a nes game, but after choosing option 1 the Injectiine closes. Can anyone help me please? thanks