[ORIGINAL] Injectiine - Wii U Virtual Console Injector

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by CatmanFan, Dec 8, 2017.

1. draftzero

draftzero Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2019
    United States
    Yeah that's what I originally had.

Note that I'm trying to convert Chrono Trigger (not MarioKart) I used Mario Kart DS as the base since it was what the wiki had listed.

I know it's a working .nds file, should I try and find another?

2. draftzero

draftzero Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2019
    United States
    Woohoo! I figured it out! I was using Java 12. Downgraded to Java 8 and bam!

Edit: Seriously CORE thank you for your help!

Last edited by draftzero, Apr 18, 2019
    CORE likes this.
  3. CORE

CORE 3:16

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I think most DS games work well. I am in the process of doing mass DS injects only one I have done is REDS. Awful lot of Icons to make:glare: but should be worth it in end:yayu:

I have been heavily researching N64 Injects.

Last edited by CORE, Apr 18, 2019
    draftzero likes this.
  4. draftzero

draftzero Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2019
    United States
    I plan on doing about 32 games. I still haven't found a good template to go off of. Do you have one? Perhaps we can partner up?

CORE likes this.
  5. CORE

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Sure that sounds good @cucholix has a good template to get started and a git repo with some icons.

6. Andrehws

Andrehws Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2018
    Brazil
    the program closes when I choose a type of game, right at the beginning. how to solve?

7. draftzero

draftzero Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2019
    United States
    Probably means you don't have the image files named properly. you need bootTvTex.png and iconTex.png

8. Andrehws

Andrehws Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2018
    Brazil
    is not that, the moment I open the injectiine and press 5 to choose nds mode, it closes.

9. draftzero

draftzero Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2019
    United States
    What you describe is usually what happened to me when I was trying to build. Come to find I was missing a "T" in BootTvTex.

10. Andrehws

Andrehws Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2018
    Brazil
    and where should I save these files?

11. draftzero

draftzero Member

Newcomer
    Apr 16, 2019
    United States
    Assuming you're using you're own custom base:
    Injectiine\Files\Base\code
    Injectiine\Files\Base\content
    Injectiine\Files\Base\meta

Everything else:
    Injectiine\Files\Example.nds
    Injectiine\Files\bootTvTex.png
    Injectiine\Files\iconTex.png

12. Andrehws

Andrehws Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 21, 2018
    Brazil
    my friend, thank you, really was the problem! I'm getting through the process. one more thing, he's asking for a 4-digit product code, do you have any idea what that is?

13. CORE

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    U can make one up say SM64 which would be Super Mario 64 , However if you want to do things properly open a ROM with a Hex Editor and within the Header you will see a 4 Digit / Letter Code.

0SME I think that something like SM64 SM for Super Mario and E is for NTSC , P for PAL and J for Japan.

14. Cleish85

Cleish85 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2019
    Ireland
    I am getting a "request timed out" message when it's trying to ping Google. Any ideas? :)

15. seanp2500

seanp2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 2, 2010
    United States
    how would i use this to inject a nintendo ds rom set to render 2?

16. CORE

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    render 2?

17. seanp2500

Jun 2, 2010
    United States
    Yeah I see that it lets you use an ini. Basically I just learned that you can edit ini files when loading ds via loadiine to double the res (changing render = 1 to render = 2). I don't think I can post a link to another forum here.

Also still reading through the thread but the same place where I learned this also posted how to fix dark n64 roms.

Anyone use this to get the eng patch for Ninokuni - Shikkoku no Madoushi working as well?

CORE likes this.
  18. CORE

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Well if your making an Inject and not using Loadiine you can edit the file via FTP

I am glad you have pointed this out thanks because I am in the process of making a ton of DS Injects.

Last edited by CORE, May 5, 2019
  19. seanp2500

Jun 2, 2010
    United States
    Yeah it's pretty neat. Aren't you the dev of nintendont? I talk about that all the time. I make the corny joke yeah nintendo doesn't let you do it but nintendont does! You are the one that first let me play doshin! I love you for that.

Sadly I don't understand how to make the magic happen as a home menu bubble or forwarder whatever people call them. But I will figure it out. From reading it's possible. I was surprised people don't talk about it more. Any luck with the ni no kuni fan translation on your side?

20. CORE

Jul 15, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Lol no Buddy im not the Developer of Nintendont I think @FIX94 is the Developer and a BIG THANK YOU TO FIX94 FOR IT.

Getting other things setup on your WiiU @seanp2500 there is plenty of Tutorials or I can tell you about my setup.

If only we had a modern M64+GlideN64 setup for Wii U that only thing that is missing.