Original DS screen issue.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Armadillo, Sep 24, 2006.

Sep 24, 2006

Original DS screen issue. by Armadillo at 5:34 AM (885 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Armadillo
    OP

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Got a slight issue with my original ds. After long periods of stylus heavy play , the screen seems to get some sort of residue left behind.It's quite annoying as it gives the screen a different feel. It comes off easy enough with a damp cloth , but it's quite annoying having to keep cleaning it. Seems like I'm constantly doing it , but at a guess i'd say after every 10 or so hours of play.

I have a hori screen protector on it , and it's a jap launch model. Not sure if it happened before I had the protector as I never really played much till recently.

Just wondering if it's normal as I aint sure as I don't ever see anyone mention it anywhere , or if not , how to stop it happening.

Here is a pic

[​IMG]

The marks you can see cover the whole bottom screen , like I said above they just wipe off , but it's well annoying keep having to do it [​IMG].

2. danielmakana

Newcomer danielmakana Advanced Member

United States
    im pretty sure its normal.

I think that it is just oil from your hands.

3. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    when you turn it on you barely notice them anyways

4. FifthE1ement

Member FifthE1ement GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Its called sweat and dirt as I have the same thing on my hori protector. It happens with the DS if you don't have it on too but the SP helps as you can't scratch it while cleaning.

FifthE1ement [​IMG]

5. Armadillo
    OP

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] , no problem then if it's normal , just not got anyone round here to compare with and thought it was a tad extreme for just dirt and stuff.

Ah well , back to having to clean it [​IMG].

Thanks for the quick answers [​IMG].

6. neojei

Member neojei GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I get a ton of that. I freaked out at first, thought they were scratches, viola wiped it and it was all clean again [​IMG]