FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It seems the Nintendium supplies dried up some time in the GBA era as I finally managed to break the hinge to the point where I will start to fear for the wires/ribbons.

I know the battery is knackered (though that might be more it powering an ISMM) and a second hand one seems to run not a lot (as in not much more than a DS lite replacement case) but I would like to repair it anyway.

I did a check of the usual places like dealextreme and amazon but came up with a bunch of DS lite ones. Edit. Forgot to say I have no ebay account and would rather it stay that way.

On the other hand I am looking very seriously at a CNC machine right now so it might make a good project for that....

Bender-obsoletely-_fabulous.jpg

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So your question is, where to find DS fat housing in 2014?
And it is not easy! I'll report back here if I find any.

Reactions: Veho

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm never heard of Blitzinmedia and that case does not appear on their amazon account.

Still I will give that a go. Thanks very much Ozito.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will, they seem to stock some interesting parts that I struggle to find in European shops these days.

Other than their amazon account there was not much on the internet about them other than a SEO person that more or less knew their job.

Reactions: Ozito

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
On the other hand I am looking very seriously at a CNC machine right now so it might make a good project for that....

Bender-obsoletely-_fabulous.jpg
I've been toying with the idea of making a custom casing for my DS Phat for years now, either out of wood or out of some metal (aluminium is the most obvious choice but I would like some sort of copper finish). However there are no CNC workshops around that would accept my little project because they don't handle anything smaller than industrial scale orders. I'm left with wood ( :creep: ) but that requires actual work on my part and other things are occupying my time at the moment.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Shapeways and the like not ship to your country?
Many don't, those that do charge through the nose, and that's just for shipping. A design in metal the size of a DS Phat case runs into the hundreds of euros. CNC services are cheaper but they're still a bit pricey.

When I first got the idea of a metal casing, I was still counting on the couple machining workshops I knew in town that were cheap enough for little projects like that one, but they all sold out or shut down in the meantime and now there's some new kids on the block and they suck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it