Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kwCHK.jpg

In their snooping around, it seems IGN has stumbled onto a PEGI rating for the original Deus Ex, which is slated for release on PS3. IGN speculates the game is likely the ported PS2 version intended for a PSN release, though they also say, "The release date for the new PS3 version is listed as May 1st..."

Unfortunately, the game no longer shows up on the PEGI website with the date listed by IGN. However, a screenshot of the rating can still be seen on the Siliconera website.

IGN rated the PS2 version of the game a 7.9. If this is the version we do see hit PSN, folks can expect "minor changes from the PC original, including new opening and closing cinematics, a simplified interface, and improved graphics."

:arrow: Source: IGN, Siliconera

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i bought it on steam ages ago and never played it
would double dip if it hits psn though
It's worth it man, I played through the collector's edition and if you can bare the dated graphics you'll have a blast. Recommended purchase for all those who don't have it yet and if the enhancements in this version will be significant, I just might give my bro in-law some cash, ask him to get it and "steal his PS3" for a week.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@[member='Foxi4']: The PC HD texture pack is quite amazing to combat the dated graphics. The gameplay has aged quite well, but still has a few bummers.

Hopefully the game is indeed a HD version. Possibly one of the only FPS games that I've played several times alongside Half Life.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@[member='Foxi4']: The PC HD texture pack is quite amazing to combat the dated graphics. The gameplay has aged quite well, but still has a few bummers.

Hopefully the game is indeed a HD version. Possibly one of the only FPS games that I've played several times alongside Half Life.
Never really used the texture pack, I might try it out for a new playthrought. Didn't know one existed, thanks!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do hope it comes to XBLA touched up and everything, kinda like Perfect Dark XBLA. I have the first two games on the PC but I'm not much of a PC gamer and I don't think my PC could really run the whole HD texture pack. Hopefully a XBLA HD port would give this game justice and give me a chance to play it.

AaronZ

Trophies
XP
Country
I do hope it comes to XBLA touched up and everything, kinda like Perfect Dark XBLA. I have the first two games on the PC but I'm not much of a PC gamer and I don't think my PC could really run the whole HD texture pack. Hopefully a XBLA HD port would give this game justice and give me a chance to play it.

Unlikely. This is probably gonna be a PS2 Classic cash in if anything. It never made to the original Xbox (IIRC they released the PS2 version before the Xbox was released).

I still have the PS2 version, surprisingly, it also supports Keyboard and Mouse input, like the Half Life PS2 port.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans