Hardware Original chargers for N3DS/N3DS XL?

DSpider

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi there.

I need a charger for my N3DS XL and the two options that are available for me right now seem to be... well... both fake.

incarcator-consola-nintendo-dsi-dsi-xl-3ds~112383488.jpg
incarcator-nintendo-3ds-dsi-dsi-xl-gri~85492352.jpg

What gives?

Which one's the original? They can't be both. The first image says "ORIGINAL" in the upper right corner of the package, but I seriously doubt that Nintendo would do such a cheesy thing as to label them "ORIGINAL" (and in all caps, nonetheless, yeah right).

So what does an original charger look like?

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're both official. The one on the left is a UK one (it has the UK 'ears'), and the one on the right is another country (US?) one.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I find it odd that they would label it "ORIGINAL" but they look pretty legit apart from that.
I don't even think they make fake chargers.

The charger that came with my o3DS looks exactly like the one on the right, and the one on the left seems consistent with what UK chargers look like.

You could always get a USB charger instead, I have a retractable USB charger that I've used with all my 3DS consoles, it fits nicely inside the pouch I use so I always have a charger nearby. They only cost a couple dollars.

They're both official. The one on the left is a UK one (it has the UK 'ears'), and the one on the right is another country (US?) one.
The one on the right is EUR...

anon1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am 99% sure I have an original EUR charger and it had a different looking packaging than one on the right:

33-5012723f172a4.png

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i thought the same thing when i saw the "ORIGINAL" branding.....it immediately made me think FAKE lol, but nope the official ones do indeed have ORIGINAL plastered on them :rolleyes:

DSpider

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
i thought the same thing when i saw the "ORIGINAL" branding.....it immediately made me think FAKE lol, but nope the official ones do indeed have ORIGINAL plastered on them :rolleyes:

Then... what about those that don't have them plastered on them? ... Wtf is wrong with Nintendo? Why put "ORIGINAL" on it all? Then why aren't they consistent? Something smells fishy.

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1