Hardware Original 3DS common scratches on top screen

Nuxx20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in my pursuit of a used 3DS I stumbled upon quite a few systems in good condition, but they still had these two scratches on each side of the top screen, caused by the lack of gap between the two screens when the console is closed. Are these usually serious scratches that appear in game as well? it was hard to tell from the online photos.
If I decide to buy a brand new 3DS, is there any tip on how to avoid getting these scratches other than being extra cautious when closing the console?

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It ruins the 3D for me, doesn't kill the experience per se, but it's definitely unsettling and annoying. Love my N3DS for this reason, they finally moved to a much better material for the top display this time around rather than the unibody-ish plastic thing. I believe you can replace that part though fairly easily if it really bugs you.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in my pursuit of a used 3DS I stumbled upon quite a few systems in good condition, but they still had these two scratches on each side of the top screen, caused by the lack of gap between the two screens when the console is closed. Are these usually serious scratches that appear in game as well? it was hard to tell from the online photos.
If I decide to buy a brand new 3DS, is there any tip on how to avoid getting these scratches other than being extra cautious when closing the console?

Its not terribly noticeable to me, but when I do notice them I can rub them off with my fingers without issue.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Ill just get a N3DS white then. Probably a Japanese one as they are cheaper

Just be careful if you're ordering a Jap console. I would say either wait for Gateway to release support for N3DS (which will enable you to play region-free games) or get a AU N3DS.

If Gateway releases an update, then you're good to go with a Jap console. If not, then you'll be stuck with Sky3DS and Jap roms. But if you get an AU N3DS, at least you'll be able to play PAL games :)

Unkn0wn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

A lot of people have this problem. I just put screen protectors and decals on my system, as well as a metal case. My console it pretty much in mint condition. The decals and screen protector protects the top screen from being scratched. I don't know why no one else has thought of this - decals make your system look better and protect it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"