Tattorack

Interstellar Explorer
Trophies
Website
tattorack.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Denmark
Except that sometimes these things you download from the internet rummage through your computer and send data back to home base.
I believe thats only for the unofficial types.
Anybody with a bit of authority would be able to access you computer using your IP adress, and if they're serious about it then nothing short of a vpn hardwired into your router would be able to stop them.
Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised Microsoft is doing that the whole time with their computers.
But that's not the basis for me to get paranoid about something.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe thats only for the unofficial types.
Anybody with a bit of authority would be able to access you computer using your IP adress, and if they're serious about it then nothing short of a vpn hardwired into your router would be able to stop them.
Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised Microsoft is doing that the whole time with their computers.
But that's not the basis for me to get paranoid about something.
And if someone wants to break into my house, they can shatter a window and climb in through there. That doesn't mean I'll get rid of my deadbolt and leave my door wide open at night or when I'm on vacation.

Tattorack

Interstellar Explorer
Trophies
Website
tattorack.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Denmark
And if someone wants to break into my house, they can shatter a window and climb in through there. That doesn't mean I'll get rid of my deadbolt and leave my door wide open at night or when I'm on vacation.
Houses are very differant from computers.
You wouldn't know if somebody was on your computer.
It would be like breaking into your house by phasing through the wall, then duplicating everything the person wants, then phasing back out.
You come home and see nothing is changed.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Houses are very differant from computers.
You wouldn't know if somebody was on your computer.
It would be like breaking into your house by phasing through the wall, then duplicating everything the person wants, then phasing back out.
You come home and see nothing is changed.
Whatever, dude. If you don't care about your privacy, that's your issue. I do care about mine. If a cop asks to search my car, I say 'no', not because I have something to hide, but because I believe in my right to privacy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free