Orginal Gamecube Disc wont work anymore T_T

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by defsithe, Jan 3, 2010.

1. defsithe
    OP

defsithe Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2010
    United States
    Hey guys,
    My Gamecube discs no longer will work on my wii. When i get to the system menu my disk drive makes noise (like usual) but then stops and doesnt load my GC disc. I get a "An error has occured Eject game disc and turn off Wii."(something along those lines) So i do and try again and same result. If i pop in a Wii game disc and it works just fine. I dont think its a laser problem cuz then the wii games wouldnt work right?

so i looked around for an answered and found that maybe my mios might have been corrupted, so i install the cMIOS rev 8 and still the problem persists, i then reinstalled the original MIOS, i got off of NUSD downloader. it said successfully installed when i did both so i no longer know what the problem is.

My GC games worked just fine before i installed USB Loader GX. could that have some how messed up my GC playing abililty?

My Wii is 3.2U i was on 3.3 but downgraded
    if you need anymore information about my wii let me know where to find it :/

so anyone got an idea how i would make my GC games work again? they were the only reason i even used my wii anymore [​IMG]

2. nitrostemp

nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 15, 2009
    have you installed region free hax?

3. razorback78

razorback78 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 3, 2009
    try to reinstall again cMIOS. try to use neogamma for loading the game.

4. defsithe
    OP

defsithe Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2010
    United States
    region free hax? :googles:
    like any region changer? or like gecko os? either way both yes

ok i installed cmios again ill DL neogamma

5. nitrostemp

nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 15, 2009
    exacmple of hax startpatch (starfall) and preloader

6. defsithe
    OP

defsithe Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2010
    United States
    preloader yes. i could never get starfall to show up on my SD card for some reason. ill see if i can get it to show up.
    EDIT: stupid me never renamed the files. :/

neogamma got the game to play [​IMG]

still get the error though if i go to the system menu after i have installed cMIOS again.

EDIT EDIT:
    i run starfall and it gives me error -101 and then exits. im am currently googling said error but no luck yet.

7. cobleman

cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2009
    Australia
    Sounds like cioscorp to me i could be wrong though
    http://www.tehskeen.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=5099
    install version 10 there and install BC as well if that doesnt work then reinstall your system menu ios30 and if it still doesnt work then there is a real problem PS make sure you have DVDx installed

8. lolzed

lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Sep 13, 2008
    There
    starfall is for 3.2 btw,preloader is the successor of starfall,so is starpatch

9. rockmanmegaman

rockmanmegaman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2007
    Switzerland
    Australia
    Use starpatch and enable free channel for GC games.