Organizing games on HDD

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by spritefreak, Jan 6, 2010.

Jan 6, 2010

Organizing games on HDD by spritefreak at 8:45 PM (962 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. spritefreak
    OP

Member spritefreak GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I was wondering if this was possible currently or something that is being thought of for the future with GUI Loaders.

I currently use WiiFlow and sometimes the USB Config Loader. They both keep the games listed alphabetically. I was curious if there is a way to lump games into categories with a folder to make it more organized and easier to find games. For example, a folder for sports games, exercise games, war games, etc.

Is this something that can be done?

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    i thought i answered this already? maybe it was some1 else who asked it...

but yea, use the configurator for configurable usb loader to set up multiple profiles and choose which games to have as favourites under each profile

then while inside the configurable usb loader, hit 2 to show favourites (and 2 again to show all games), to change profiles, hit 1, hit 1 again, go to profiles and change it, hit 2 to show the favourites under the NEW profile

as of now, this is the only way to have your games "organized"... personally, i think its easier just to keep them all lumped together with only one favourites list

3. spritefreak
    OP

United States
    You did answer this yesterday, but I thought I would post in the Backup Loader section to see if there was other solutions. I know how to organize favorites, but I was hoping to be able to group games by type. That way if I have 100+ games on my HDD, and I wanted to play Madden, I could click on the Sportsw folder and scroll through the games that way...maybe that can be incorporated!?!?!

4. spritefreak
    OP

United States
    bumping this up to see if anyone knows if this is possible or if there is an effort to make this happen in a future release of one of the USB Loaders.

I am wondering if it is possible now or in the future to organize your games by category within your HDD. Assuming you have numerous games on the HDD, I would find it easier to have all games organized and it would be easier to find games. You could lump all your sports games together, all your adventure games together, all your racing games together, etc.

Does this make sense to everyone and is this possible?

5. OncleJulien

Member OncleJulien tool of peers

United States
    i'm of a mind that xflak answered this already - if you reread his answer, and when he says profile, you think category, youll be happy.

6. spritefreak
    OP

United States
    Ok...I get it now after re-reading. I thought he was talking about saving favorites, which is nice, but only allows for one category. After re-reading it, I see that you can set up profiles (categories) and save favorites within each profile....that makes sense now!

Sorry for hounding eveyrone for an answer!

Are the profiles only available within USG Config or with any other loaders?

7. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    notice that the most recent version of configurable usb loader, can filter games, ie. it can show all racing games, all shooting games, all multiplayer games etc. (lots of categories), it can also sort ALL the games (based on release date, frequency played etc.)

to access these features, update your configurable usb loader, then hit minus (-), go down and select one of the sorting options (straight forward, just click around and u'll figure it out)

8. spritefreak
    OP

United States