.org sites as of today don't work for me?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Fel, Sep 24, 2010.

Sep 24, 2010
  1. Fel
    OP

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    As of today (or maybe yesterday, not sure if it happened yesterday too), all sites which end in .org don't work for me, like cambridge.dictionary.org. I've tried multiple sites ending in .org, and according to the "is this site down for me or everyone" they are all up and it's just me. Whenever I click on a site that ends in .org, I instantly get the message "Server not found", as if I were offline. But twice, I don't know why, they've suddenly worked again, unfortunately they're "down" for me again.

I've got Win Vistas, and often use the sleep mode, but I don't think that affects the functionality of org sites for me, right? Because they've worked twice today for me I don't know why, I switched on the PC, they didn't work, I went away from PC, and when I returned (with the PC still on) and opened Mozilla Firefox, they suddenly worked. And then they stopped again....

I've tried opening org. sites in Opera, it doesn't work either. Has something like this happened to anyone before?

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Check the infection sticky's "removing redirects" section.

3. jefffisher

Member jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    it could be a dns error see if you can access them by ip address, if so switch your dns

4. Fel
    OP

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    They suddenly began working again today for me, although I didn't do anything...weird. But thanks, I'll try it next time if it doesn't work again [​IMG]