Ordering modchips with Paypal?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Skull Kid, Apr 25, 2007.

Apr 25, 2007
  1. Skull Kid
    OP

Newcomer Skull Kid Member

United States
    Someone else told me that Paypal does not allow the selling of modchips. I looked it up and found this link:

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p...ide&ed=modchips

It turns out that this is true and quite disappointing. I am always hesitant to give my credit card info online, so PayPal is always my option. So I was just wondering, even if it's against their policy, are there any places that accept Paypal when ordering modchips (particularly WiiKey)?

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    I'm quite sure it will still work. The policy only holds for sellers, and it's kind of like a convention for buyers anyway.

The buyer will most likely not to be at fault when legal action takes place, but it's best to be safe first. Most online transactions at modchip stores are from Paypal anyway

3. modmanwii

Member modmanwii GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ive bought almost ALL of my modchips, which is alot, through paypal.

Most sellers dont list it as "1 NINTENDO WII MODCHIP"

its usually called something a little more discreet

do not worry, you will be fine

4. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Ever since eBay bought out PayPal, they have been discreetly dropping PayPal customers who violate eBay policy. Most North American places that even list modchips no longer accept paypal payments as a result (though occasionally some may still accept paypal, they just don't advertise the fact any longer - if you didn't know it is far to easy for paypal to "pick any reason" to freeze your paypal account, and technically they don't have to give a damn about you regardless of how much cash they are holding of yours).

5. amptor

Banned amptor Banned

United States
    dealextreme may have told you that, becuase I saw they posted that recently. dealextreme burdended _themselves_ by selling half-ass knockoff wiikeys that people were having various issues with. I confirmed today that one person who bought some had the actual pads come unglued from the PCB!! wtf! it isn't THAT expensive to fab such a small pcb, yeesh. and my wiikey that I bought from there looks like an original but I really doubt that it is lmao.

I think if you buy a modchip and use paypal to pay for it and receive the modchip, it's VERY easy to get your money back and screw over your chip dealer. I should've done this to chipdealer because the guy who ran the thing is a dick.