Ordering a DS One v3 or Acekard 2

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Veloxi, Aug 10, 2008.

Aug 10, 2008
  1. Veloxi
    OP

Member Veloxi GBAtemp Regular

Iceland
    First let me start by saying: Yes, I hit Search already and did my research [​IMG]

My DSL is only about 2 days old, but so far I'm in love with the thing. I've read every review on the SLOT1 cards, and it's come down to DS One & Acekard 2. They seem like the best 2 cards out right now from what I can tell, but I know 10% of what everyone else knows about this stuff.

My biggest concerns are...

SLOT2? What is this? I need something for both slots?
    I need to flash my new DSL to be able to use whichever card I buy?

I've been reading these forums for about 4 hours now, trying to educate myself on this stuff. Basically I just want to be able to play NDS games & GBA games. Past that, I don't even know what features I should be looking for.

I'd appreciate some feedback, or if you could point me to another post by someone else asking the same question, I'd appreciate that as well [​IMG]

Thanks in advance.

2. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    Slot-2 is a card that goes in the GBA slot, you need one of these to play GBA games (or as a rumble pak/opera browser memory) but not to play DS games.

You do not need to flash your DS to use all modern flashcards

As you say you do want to play GBA games, I would recommend an Acekard 2 and an EZ 3in1. [​IMG]

Dealextreme offers both very cheaply...

3. Veloxi
    OP

Member Veloxi GBAtemp Regular

Iceland
    Ah, thanks Joey!

Those models are cool, btw. Very cool. Looks like a lot of work went into those, lol

You use that combo yourself by chance? I'm super excited to get these cards [​IMG]