Hacking Ordered my 3DS (new) what flashcard should I order

ReDDs3D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Ok, so this is my first nintendo system. I ordered it from amazon yesterday and am eagerly waiting for it. While that's being delivered, what flashcart should I order, one that's compatible and ready to go easily.

So far I heard the r4i and the AceKard 2i are good, but I also heard some people say that Acekard needs to be updated with another DS, which I dont have so :|

Games that plan to play on the flash cart (for compatibility):
-Pokemon Platinum
-Pokemon Heart Gold
-Pokemon Black
-Chrono Trigger
-Mario Kart
-Ace Attorney

My budget is probably no more than 20 CAD/USD...

thanks!

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On some sites, you can get it pre-flashed (which makes it compatible out of the box).Try looking around ShopTemp for some good sites to order them from.

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who recently switched from ak2i to r4i gold 3ds... i very much prefer the r4. The acekards are notorious for having horrible contact issues (why i switched to r4), so if you want a great card that lasts longer than a couple of years and works great everytime get the r4.

ReDDs3D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Ok, say I get an r4i gold or Acekard 2i, i'll be using taobao.com to order it (since I am in china, or atleast I'll be going back next week)

Will it be ready out of the box. Like say my 3DS ships with the latest firmware (im not sure, but I think it does), will my card by plug and play? like update wise (I know I have to add firmware by myself)

I don't have another DS to update it :blink:

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you buy a card now, since its been a bit since the last 3DS update it will probably work right out of the box, I bought an r4i gold 3DS last week and it came a few days ago and worked right out of the box without updating the firmware. So you should be fine even on the most recent.

@[member='jrk190']: The op said he had a budget of $20 ish, scdstwo is roughly 35 dollars.

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you buy a card now, since its been a bit since the last 3DS update it will probably work right out of the box, I bought an r4i gold 3DS last week and it came a few days ago and worked right out of the box without updating the firmware. So you should be fine even on the most recent.

@[member='jrk190']: The op said he had a budget of $20 ish, scdstwo is roughly 35 dollars.

Where did you find it so cheap? I know it's that much, but I'd suggest just to sae up a bit more ;) All the sites I've found say it is 50 dollars... the reason I'm not getting it yet.

Antoids

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supercard > Ak2i > R4

the R4 is honestly a really bad purchase. the Ak2i is alright and gets the job done, but I would suggest doling out the extra $15 or so for a Supercard DSTwo. It really is fantastic. DS and GBA, with tons of features that make playing both much easier and modable for your needs (if you're bad at games you can use cheats and slowdown, for example). As well as other extra features like a notepad-esque thing, and a picture/e-book viewer.

ReDDs3D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
You can always ask the seller to pre-update it for you. Some will, depends on the seller.
haha damn it's in chinese

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=13298809021&prt=1333212075945&prc=1

I know it's legit (all my friends have told me tmall is a very reputable site, only legit stuff), but yeah, google translate doesn't do as well of a job telling me :S

Anybody know what firmware do new 3DS's ship with?

ReDDs3D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Supercard > Ak2i > R4

the R4 is honestly a really bad purchase. the Ak2i is alright and gets the job done, but I would suggest doling out the extra $15 or so for a Supercard DSTwo. It really is fantastic. DS and GBA, with tons of features that make playing both much easier and modable for your needs (if you're bad at games you can use cheats and slowdown, for example). As well as other extra features like a notepad-esque thing, and a picture/e-book viewer.

Well I COULD get that yes. Umm it's about 35 bucks, which while above my budget wont kill me. If it's ready out of the box and as reliable as everyone says so it's worth it, I say. GBA emulation isn't that big of a deal for me as I have a PSP that does it fantastically, but yes, carrying only one console that can play GBA and DS would be nice haha :P

serenade.63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will most likely have the newest firmware when shipped.... but any card you buy should, by now, be updated to the most recent firmware (working on new 3DS's out of the box)

ReDDs3D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
it will most likely have the newest firmware when shipped.... but any card you buy should, by now, be updated to the most recent firmware (working on new 3DS's out of the box)

allright then I'll hope for the best.

Now which card out of acekard, r4i and DStwo has the best compatibility (especially for the pokemon games) :moogle:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night