Hacking Ordered an RPG and EZ-Flash 3-in-1, what should I install?

Ashlen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finally ordered my Acekard RPG and an EZ-Flash 3-in-1, I'm going to order a a MicroSD or MicroSDHC, but I'm not which or which brand yet.

Anyway, I was curious if anyone could give me some advice on what I should install to get everything functioning optimally? I keep hearing about the Bliss GUI, is that something that'll be worth getting for the RPG?

If it helps, I mainly want to play games, read books, use the internet (from what I hear I can use Opera?). I'm also in college right now as a game developer, so I'll be looking for some programs to help me design some homebrew games as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, does anyone have any suggestions on a micro card?

Thanks
yaynds.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i don't have an r.p.g but i can tell you that the bliss firmware is one great fork of the opensource firmware. you should put it on and try it out along with the normal firmware and pick the one you like the most.

depending on what type of things you want your ds to do you can put on a web browser, a note pad, an organizer, a picture viewer, a movie viewer, a SIP phone, AIM, some fun homebrew puzzle games.. just check the download section of gbatemp for some homebrew and grab a few things to try out.

for memory cards you can pick up a 2gb kingston msd with reader for 15.50 w/free shipping from here, or without the reader for 12 from here. i ordered from the site i just hyperlinked and had no problems. items arrived in 5 days and were official japanese kingstons with the correct product number on them. as for sdhc make sure you get a card that is a class 6. try here for a listing: http://www.meritline.com/sdhc-card1.html

-another world

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ashlen said:
So I finally ordered my Acekard RPG and an EZ-Flash 3-in-1, I'm going to order a a MicroSD or MicroSDHC, but I'm not which or which brand yet.

Anyway, I was curious if anyone could give me some advice on what I should install to get everything functioning optimally? I keep hearing about the Bliss GUI, is that something that'll be worth getting for the RPG?

If it helps, I mainly want to play games, read books, use the internet (from what I hear I can use Opera?). I'm also in college right now as a game developer, so I'll be looking for some programs to help me design some homebrew games as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, does anyone have any suggestions on a micro card?

Thanks
yaynds.gif
EZ-flash 3in1 allows you to use opera, but you have to keep the following things in mind:
you might need to patch the browser, since it doesn't automatically supports all types of RAM.
you also need a manager for the EZ-flash 3in1 such as GBA EXPloader to enable RAM.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
thedicemaster said:
EZ-flash 3in1 allows you to use opera, but you have to keep the following things in mind:
you might need to patch the browser, since it doesn't automatically supports all types of RAM.
you also need a manager for the EZ-flash 3in1 such as GBA EXPloader to enable RAM.
Wrong wrong wrong.
The Acekard custom firmware has support built-in for the 3in1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling.