Hacking Ordered an R4DS NOT KNOWING it's discontinued

AC/DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I did. That will teach me do a research next time before ordering a flash card. And I've already paid on-line so there is probably no way for me to "reverse" the transaction.
Anyway, do you guys think they will send me a genuine R4 or a fake one? It's a quite well know UK online shop (don't want to mention any names here), I've had stuff from them before with no problems.
Thanks for any advice.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
As you said, do your research next time. Only you're to blame for this
tongue.gif
If you want to contact the company quickly and have them cancel the order before they ship it, you can try that, otherwise you're SOL.

So why can't you mention the name of the shop? Is it too good for us? Really we can't tell you if it'll be real or fake until you receive it, but honestly even if it was fake it may outperform the real one.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Hey, You can mention the name of the site.. Its only DS Romsites that we dont talk about..

The R4 isnt at all a bad kart.. Its just that some recent games do not work and need to be patched to work.. Thats a simple method.. I used to have an R4... It was great but I wanted SDHC..
tongue.gif

Can we have a link to the page you bought it from.. That way we have more of a chance of saying its a fake or real..
smile.gif

If you need any more info, feel free to PM me..

Welcome to GBATemp

AC/DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, why not. I just did not want to badmouth the shop, or something, due to my previous good experience with them.
Here's the link to what exactly I ordered:
http://www.consoleup.com/shop/Console/R4-D...USB-Reader-etc/
I thought the price was good as it includes a 1GB MicroSD card.
Please note that I AM AWARE stuff can be bought more cheaply from dealextreme, etc, but I prefer Europe-based shops as they deliver much faster to where I live.

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hope you get to fix that. Although, r4's not that bad as you think, its not the best but its not that bad on commercial roms compatibility either. Hence, it only sucks on a number of homebrews and lack alot of features. So, cheer up.
smile.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, if you had the choice it'd be better to go with one of the more modern cards which are around the same price anyway, but it's not a disaster. The R4's still a decent card with good compatibility and, due to its huge userbase, if a game turns out to have a problem a fix is usually found by the community pretty quick - even if the R4 team themselves have seemingly abandoned it. Most of the clones manage to do an adequate job as well. You'll miss out on some bells and whistles like slow motion, SDHC support, realtime save and fancy-pants GUI but you'll still have the meat and potatoes of any flash cart, the ability to play DS roms.

xen0s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm can someone tell me the games that dont work with r4 ( the original version ) . I have tried new games like Chrono Trigger , Valkyrie Profile , Metal slug 7 , Luminous arc 2 and the y all work perfect . Im yet to find a game that does not work

AndreXL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chrono Trigger does not work perfectly without the "fix"
Rubik's cube game need an Arm7 fix.
The new Star Wars game does not work/no fix.
There's a topic here somewhere about the R4 incompatibilities.
Look for it if needed.

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well ct got an anti piracy, although this could be bypass using narin's cheat code found in this forum. Hence, its still in the front page. :|

AC/DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I'm starting to be pissed off
mad.gif
, it's been two days since I ordered/paid it and there have been no response from the retailer except for the obligatory "please be patient your order is being processed".
Funny there is NO email address mentioned on their website so I have zero means how to reach them.
Anyone would possibly know an email address for ConsoleUP?

kingkong

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
consoleup ? lol... u r dumb. google is full of warnings about them.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=706059

anyway:

r4ds is the best cart to get, dont let anyone fool ya.

see chrono trigger?

all the clever boys with their newest flashcards, even they needed to patch it. probably most cant do it cos they dont have the BRAINZ

fucking kiddies, get a life... your life is not your flashcard

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
plasterdat said:
Does Chrono Trigger work on the R4DS? Or is it hanging when you get to the teleporter too?

That happends to all the carts currently available, since it's a anti-pirate thing.
It has already been hacked though and some added lines of codes will make it work.

Couugghhing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I JUST did the same thing on Tuesday. I did some research, and figured, "Hey, this one sounds really good! And, it comes in a combo deal, so I'd save on shipping!"

Oye, I just came to this site after googling some stuff, and wow. I used to own a PSP back when it first came out and hacking it back then was so simple. Everything is so complex now... 3 years later (?)

Anyways, I feel for you. I hope this isn't a waste for me because this is my first flash cart. Also, if you guys have Y! or AIM, as well as would like to tutor me, please e-mail me. I'm also new at this forum (registered today but have been at this forum since Wed.)

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AC/DS said:
Anyway, do you guys think they will send me a genuine R4 or a fake one?

The siteThis 1Gb Kingston/Sandisk MicroSD package with R4 DS v2 allows for more than just gaming. Now you can use watch movies, play music, browse pictures, read E-Books and more on your Nintendo DS and DS Lite! This package includes the R4 DS kit AND a 1Gb Micro SD Memory card for storing games, music and other media.
R4DS v2 is a fake R4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass