Ordered a replacement PSP Go screen, looks awful with lots of horizontal lines

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Harsky, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    I already have a white PSP Go but when the oppurtunity to buy a cheap black faulty PSP Go, I couldn't resist. The fault was that a little water got into the top right corner and although it turns on, I can see water marks under the screen so I ordered the replacement screen from China.

Finally arrived today and I took my time disassembling the PSP Go only to find out that when I turn it on, every other horizontal pixels from top to bottom was black/not working. Unsure if this is because of the water damaging the motherboard, I used the new screen on my working PSP Go. Still the same horizontal pixel problem. Before I try and ask for a refund, am I missing something obvious like, was there a motherboard revision which means some screen are not compatible? I even made sure to press every connection down as firmly as possible.

2. archnachoofthepi

archnachoofthepi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2007
    United States
    It sounds more like the screen that you received is a faulty one unfortunately :(