Order of answers in Ask?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Costello, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Costello
    OP

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
  2. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    I've seen the order change basically every time I've looked at a question. I have no idea if there is any kind of actual order right now, or if ordering simply isn't working as intended.

3. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
    The answers other than the best answer are randomized on purpose.
    The screenshot shows exactly why: they are trying to discuss something in the answers. That goes against the whole point of ask.
    Also to give all answers an equal value.

4. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Would it be possible to migrate more troubleshooting related questions out of Ask into the proper section for discussion? For example, if I report a question because it necessitates a series of questions and answers to properly resolve, would a mod be able to easily move it out? After all, Ask is meant for questions that have the ability to be answered without having to further communicate with the person who asked the question. Something like compatibility troubleshooting really doesn't have an easy single answer most of the time and requires further inquiry about the person's setup, what they've tried, what's available to them, etc. I mean, I suppose an answer could be given that just kind of covers everything, but that would be a needlessly complex answer when considering every possible solution for most compatibility issues.

Qtis likes this.