Orange light flashing, no charge, changed battery, fuses OK, now what?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by AlexBE, Jan 6, 2012.

1. AlexBE
    OP

Newcomer AlexBE Newbie

Belgium
    Hi all

I seem to have a quite regular issue. Suddenly my DS lite won't charge or power on.

I bought a new battery, checked voltage with multimeter, says 3.5V and still won't charge or power on.

I bought a new charger, absolutely no difference.

I opened the DS and checked both fuses with multimeter, and they are fine.

I tried plugging into different outlets, etc.

What can I try to fix it now please ?

2. AlexBE
    OP

Newcomer AlexBE Newbie

Belgium
  3. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    Check and see if any of the SLOT-1 pins are bent, and as a result touching. Has the system suffered any sort of water damage?

Open it, make sure that all of the ZIF cables for the screen are properly inserted. There's 3 - Top screen connects to the mobo, touch layer connects to the bottom LCD which then connects to the mobo too.

4. Mariosegafreak

Member Mariosegafreak AKA ZeroTheSavior

United States
    If you haven't charged your ds in 6 months, it pretty much dies. So, don't lose your ds...

5. AlexBE
    OP

Newcomer AlexBE Newbie

Belgium
    no water damage, it just spent about 3 month without being used, then when I tried to power it up, this issue came up.

What do you mean Mariosegafreak ? A new battery should do the trick if it's just the old one that dies if not used ...

I'm gonna try checking connections again, but the DS was in a pouch and didnt fall or anything during that time...

6. will1987

Newcomer will1987 Advanced Member

Brazil
    Man the same thing happened with me, I tried to fix this problem, but I never succed.

After the up screen burned, and my DSlite didn't turn on anymore, I changed the screen, the DSlite turned it on again, and the problem continued.

One guy told me that the problem is the board temperature, I used to let it all the time in my bag, and maybe this was the possibility to get damaged!

So I bought a DSI XL(with a protection sure)

7. AceWarhead

Member AceWarhead "Must Construct Additional Pylons"

United States
    Perhaps leaving it in the pouch so long tasted it? I've heard and seen that kinda stuff happen. You shouldn't keep it in a bag for so long, as the temperature increases.