Hacking Options to dump n3ds nand.fat16.xorpad without Ninjhax?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
hey thanks :) glad you did that for the community too.
sure, since we can only install the personal legit CIAs using pbt cfw (needs 4.5) - you will to manually take your ticket.db form emunand after you bought it, to sysnand.
it should work fine, no risk since you have a nand mod.

Well nobody else seemed too concerned about dumping it and I am anal about all my games being from my region :P

I thought that I could install cia files to my n3ds system nand with gateway and no emunand. Then I would also transfer the necessary ticket to my system nand and flash that over as well, then once it's all set I'll take the raw data with SDF and once again run gw with no emunand to be able to transfer the hacked save.

Let me know if you don't think this will work and I'll save myself $40 and hours of frustration. I plan to buy something cheap from the shop first to verify I can run it on system nand and make sure I can atleast extract the save with SDF

Reactions: Margen67

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Well nobody else seemed too concerned about dumping it and I am anal about all my games being from my region :P

I thought that I could install cia files to my n3ds system nand with gateway and no emunand. Then I would also transfer the necessary ticket to my system nand and flash that over as well, then once it's all set I'll take the raw data with SDF and once again run gw with no emunand to be able to transfer the hacked save.

Let me know if you don't think this will work and I'll save myself $40 and hours of frustration. I plan to buy something cheap from the shop first to verify I can run it on system nand and make sure I can atleast extract the save with SDF

sure, it's nothing that hasn't been done before right?
you are just buying something on emunand, and moving it over to sysnand, you should be fine :)

mmn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Zap Rowsdower

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I approve this topic. It's a sad sort of irony that's it's in fact cheaper to import a card meant for only piracy, just to run more advanced homebrew, because the only launcher available is for a game that wasn't really ever readily available in the first place. I know these exploits don't grow on trees, but hasn't the Ocarina exploit's source been published? It's not like Gateway is going to help people out with homebrew either. I would think porting that would be a target for some of the more skilled developers. Is nobody working on it out of 'Gateway spite'?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s