Hacking Option unlinking a previous ID to my O3DS?

JCCG1989

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I recently used the DSiwarehax using Field Runners and system transfer to exploit my console, actually sucessfully cracked using oothax, installed Luma 5.5 and arm9loader and everything is working fine my problem is the donor system had an ID associated and my console will not allow me to connect to eShop UNLESS I use that ID, my question is: is there a way to get ride of that ID and set one of mine WITHOUT messing with all my instalation? thank you in advance.

(Current CFW 11.0.0-33),

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not that easy. As soon you logout from eshop, the 3ds will be forced to system format.
you have to mess with nand files (dump and decrypt current nand files, system format and restore and encrypt the files which are not involved with nnid settings).
Which files are needed I don't know. More info on 3dsbrew.org

JCCG1989

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not that easy. As soon you logout from eshop, the 3ds will be forced to system format.
you have to mess with nand files (dump and decrypt current nand files, system format and restore and encrypt the files which are not involved with nnid settings).
Which files are needed I don't know. More info on 3dsbrew.org
I don't care if I need to mess with decryption and dumps but not to RESTART the downgrading process again, do you have a method or a guide?

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No guide that I know of. You don't need to downgrade. The old public methods To do this involve xorpad and image trickery but today it's Easiest to dump the files with godmode9 and restore them later.

I know that it should be possible because people are able to change the encryption key of the 3ds by replacing files from NAND.
You would need to dump that encryption settings (which are changed after every system format) and maybe some other things if you like e.g. street plaza saves (search for manual system transfer 3ds to get an idea what is transferable) etc. Then you need to system format the 3ds while connected to the Internet to get rid of the nnid. And afterwards restore the settings you dumped before. If everything is working you would need to "reinstall" all games (takes only a sec with BBM) so the entries are recreated in title.db and they appear on the home menu again with your saves intact.
I don't think that encryption is tight to the nnid.

But like I said consult 3dsbrew.org for more information. There is no guide you have to research for yourself.

Last edited by GothicIII,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?