Homebrew Option to download roms straight to 3ds?

Mavsynchroid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks, I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this question.

Anyway, I just recently figured out I could use FBI to look at the database it has and download the SNES emulator, BlargSNES, I believe it's called. So I was wondering... Is there a way/program to download the roms as well? I know I could simply take the SD card out of the 3ds and put it in my computer, thus transferring the roms manually, but I've been deathly afraid of taking the SD card out again due to having my SD card corrupted one time when I took it out, and thus losing all my CFW and having to start from scratch. Granted, I have a better CFW on there now but still... Would REALLY rather not have to take out my SD card from my 3ds if I don't have to.

Thank you in advance for any help or guidance!!

KanterZ

Modder.
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm not sure if there's currently a way of doing this, although I know that you can download-to-install cia directly to your 3ds via freeshop.

Sorry I'm no help. lol

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, btw. use the FTP Server on homebrew and download FileZilla so you can transfer files between your SD and Computer without removing the SD card via FTP Server.(Requires wifi)

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As @KanterZ stated you can use FreeShop along with a encTitleKeys from that title keys website. It works well, altough the download speed is rather low, especially if you have an O3DS. CIAngel appears to be an alternative to FreeShop, I didn't test it so I don't know if it's better or not.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run tikshop, and it will install every single key availble, but allowing you to redownload anything from the eshop for free. Also fbi has a network feature to install cias hosted on a PC directly over the network.

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Run tikshop, and it will install every single key availble, but allowing you to redownload anything from the eshop for free. Also fbi has a network feature to install cias hosted on a PC directly over the network.
only for youre current region tho.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey folks, I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this question.

Anyway, I just recently figured out I could use FBI to look at the database it has and download the SNES emulator, BlargSNES, I believe it's called. So I was wondering... Is there a way/program to download the roms as well? I know I could simply take the SD card out of the 3ds and put it in my computer, thus transferring the roms manually, but I've been deathly afraid of taking the SD card out again due to having my SD card corrupted one time when I took it out, and thus losing all my CFW and having to start from scratch. Granted, I have a better CFW on there now but still... Would REALLY rather not have to take out my SD card from my 3ds if I don't have to.

Thank you in advance for any help or guidance!!
just launch ftpd from hbl and use filezilla to connect to that address, and did you mean like a custom program t download snes roms or such?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO the best way if you don't have CFW is just to do like the others have said and use the 3DS micro management to put them on your SD card remotely. If you do go for CFW then the easiest way is, downloaded CIAs and Network Install through FBI (Socket Punch). AFAIK there is no ROM respository hosted that can be downloaded through an app on the 3DS, I think for games to do that they have to be available as legit VC releases and not injects. (i.e FreeShop/CiaANgel DO have SNES VC games, albeit only the same ones you can find in the real eShop, so not many).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM