Opinions on the SCDS One?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by enigma_0Z, Aug 25, 2007.

Aug 25, 2007

Opinions on the SCDS One? by enigma_0Z at 3:13 AM (737 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. enigma_0Z

Newcomer enigma_0Z Member

Aug 22, 2007
    United States
    As I understand it, the offical SCDS One review is outdated, as the card has received new firmware that makes things a whole lot better...

So I was wondering what those of you that own one think about it. Also, where did you get it? I've heard good things about realhotstuff.com, but I want to get some opinions on dealers before I make a purchase...

Next, how does the SCDS Boot? Does it bypass the DS system menu completely, or does it respect the system's setting to show or not show the menu?

Finally, how does the SCDS One do with homebrew software? I really am not looking into running NDS or GBA roms, but some homebrew apps? I'm thinking about perhaps DSOrganize, Colors!, and DSLinux for starters...

2. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

Nov 7, 2006
    United States
    If you live in the U.S., RealHotStuff is a godsend (they're stationed in New Jersey, btw). I live in Chicago and they got me my stuff in two days.

When you turn on your DS with a SCDS1 inside it will first show the initial Nintendo DS screen (the one that makes that ding-a-ling sound) and then it goes straight into the SCDS1 menu. However, you can simply take out your SCDS1 out of Slot-1 and it will head straight into the Nintendo DS's firmware menu as usual, if you need to change any settings such as time, date, or whatever.

SCDS1 is perfect with all homebrew that I've tried. I've tried the newer versions of DSOrganize and all versions of Colors and I can tell you they work flawlessly. Now that homebrew programmers have DLDI patching at their disposal, every piece of homebrew can be made to run on all carts if they so desire.

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    DSLinux requires a special runner app for some reason, but aside from that it should work on the SCDS.