Gaming Opinions on Super Mario Galaxy on The Switch?

SocialPermaDeath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Sorry if this isn't the right place for discussions like this.)

I bought the Super Mario 3D All Stars package for the switch a little over a week ago and I've been playing a bunch of Galaxy since it was one of my favorite games growing up. I've beaten the game and I'm on my way to a 100% completion (88 stars in so far) and so far I've been really enjoying it as a port. I'll admit it's been years since I played the Wii version and although it isn't perfect, I do think I actually prefer the controls on the switch.

Edit: Completely forgot to add the important part. Does anyone else have strong feelings about the switch vs Wii controls? I've experienced an issue where I press up on the left joystick and mario just kinda walks around in a perfect circle. Might try some new joycons and see if that's the problem.

Last edited by SocialPermaDeath,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah the motion controls on the switch controllers are extremely more accurate than the wiimotes were to the point where they could easily port over wii and wiiu games to the switch that require it no problem

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going through mario 64, galaxy, and sunshine at the same pace until I got stuck in sunshine not being able to find yoshi. :P I haven't played the games (other than sunshine) since, but I'm also impressed by how well the game (galaxy) works with a pro controller. I did go further in with that game, since I loved it on the wii. I think I have 30-something stars.

Reactions: KiiWii

SocialPermaDeath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, since making this post I've discovered some glitches in the Game that are making it legitimately hard to play. Every time I save and quit and then restart the game, my number of lives reverts to 4 no matter how many I had before. And every time I do a prankster comet level, all the other prankster comets dissapear and I have to pay the Luma to "move" them just so they'll come back. I tweeted this out and @ed Nintendo Of America but I'm honestly pretty bummed since it's really affecting my game play (the prankster comets are the only ones I have left to get to 120) and I really need as many lives as I can get to make some of them work.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually, since making this post I've discovered some glitches in the Game that are making it legitimately hard to play. Every time I save and quit and then restart the game, my number of lives reverts to 4 no matter how many I had before. And every time I do a prankster comet level, all the other prankster comets dissapear and I have to pay the Luma to "move" them just so they'll come back. I tweeted this out and @ed Nintendo Of America but I'm honestly pretty bummed since it's really affecting my game play (the prankster comets are the only ones I have left to get to 120) and I really need as many lives as I can get to make some of them work.
I think this is all as intended, the lives thing definitely is. Once you do a comet you don't get another one available immediately (I haven't tried paying the guy generally).

The thing where you push the joystick in one direction and end up running in a circle seems to happen at specific places on small planets. I can't remember for sure if it happened on Wii but I'm gonna assume it did. It's the same game code running (the recompilation shouldn't have effected stuff like that).

Been loving the game, need to get back and finish it off.

Reactions: peteruk
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the thing with mario running in a circle i've noticed in sunshine as well as galaxy. it just kinda randomly happens sometimes, and definitely did NOT happen in the original Wii version. otherwise though I love the switch version and am also well on my way to 100%!

Rafciu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Im new in switch scene and don't had chance to play galaxy/sunshine and odyssey yet. Which one is best to begin with ?

RubyOtaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its definitely the most optimised game in that collection. Sunshine's update helped greatly but I really like how Galaxy plays

SocialPermaDeath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im new in switch scene and don't had chance to play galaxy/sunshine and odyssey yet. Which one is best to begin with ?
I honestly think whichever one you want to play the most or intrigues you the most. For me, I started with Galaxy because I watched my brothers play it as a kid and had nostalgia for it.

Reactions: Rafciu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.