Opinions on Grimm?

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by gifi4, Mar 16, 2013.

Mar 16, 2013

Opinions on Grimm? by gifi4 at 6:38 AM (426 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. gifi4
    OP

Member gifi4 How am I a 'New Member'?

Australia
    Does anyone here watch Grimm or has anyone watched and given up Grimm?
    Mind giving me your opinion?
    I'm deciding whether or not I should download it and give it a watch but I can't afford the download if I dislike it.

I'm on a 120GB cap per month and I'm about 20GB away from the cap. I have the Naruto Shippuden series to finish downloading and hopefully start downloading a Monty Python collection.

So, thoughts on Grimm?

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Mainly replying so I can see my avatar in the recent threads section.

I saw the first couple of episodes on air when I was on holiday but it clashed with another show and I had 3 months of stuff I was already behind on when I got back so I never started back up. That said those first episodes had a lot of promise, probably more than I have seen in some time.

However walking dead also showed an awful lot of promise and we all know how that ended up.

3. EJames2100

Member EJames2100 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Liked the 1st series, seen some of the 2nd series and not really impressed, might get better though.

Can you not download 3 Eps or so and see ?

4. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I've never seen it, but apparently it's having some troubles with the rating. Apparently the numbers are pretty... Grimm.

5. Icealote

Member Icealote My Winter...

Australia
    I'd say you can skip season one (which is only explaining and introducing random monsters/critters into the show, including basic explanation of what a Grimm is) and watch from season two onward.

Season two, if I remember correctly, starts properly like any other tv series, with a proper plot unlike season one. So start from season two if you don't want to watch through random crap. Season one to me it felt like a crap load of fillers with only the first two episodes worth watching with the aunt in it.

It may seem a little tough to get into the whole plot of what a Grimm is if you start from season one to present episode.

I think it they reshuffled the production team on Grimm lol (don't quote me on that :P).

6. Icealote

Member Icealote My Winter...

Australia
    Delete this. Silly error :(

7. The Real Jdbye

Member The Real Jdbye D:

Norway
    Interested in opinions as well. I'm considering watching this, I love Supernatural and this sounds a bit similar.

8. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Im getting tired of this "taking things from childhood and add monsters" thing. The Story is boring as crap and the GC makes me want to vomit.

9. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Now admittedly the concept has been going on for hundreds of years, if not longer, and that is ample time for something to get stale but in for this show it was mixed up quite a bit. Maybe not quite as much as some of the things Bryan Fuller (dead like me, pushing daisies) does but it did better than later monster mash universal stuff or monster of the week TV shows before it.

BortzANATOR likes this.