Hardware [Opinion] Why nintendo doesn't want you screen recording your 3ds.

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,781
  • Replies 9
D

Deleted User

OP
I feel like this is because they are locking themselves up, they only want easy profits for themselves, they don't want users to record their screen, and monetize their games with your own content. That is what it seems like to me. Whenever they wan't the screen record, they seem to be able to just fine, http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/09-01-2016/#/video-1ndirect, or maybe they are using a preview function on the development program, I don't know, but it looks kinda fishy.

D

Deleted User

OP
The Partner-CTR Capture has dual HDMI video output (and so does the Snake-Box, its N3DS equivalent)
Further proving my point. They don't want people to do it, so they need their own special equipment to do so.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are the capture devices seperate devices that hook up to the 3DSs via the charging port or are the 3DSs custom-built?
Those I mentioned are "home versions" of the 3DS that run off a Wii power brick only.

Then there are capture cards that can be installed into a regular console (and are the best option for retail games: the above mentioned units use dev keys and would need software to be converted), but they basically double the price of a new console (not saying the official way is cheaper either!)

A third option for N3DS is streaming with NTR, but the quality is what it is (it's a series of pictures, albeit at over 20 fps typically, rather than a video)

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
NTR a series of pictures?
Not really. NTR Screen capture is very good.
For best quality; have a dedicated high-speed router for your 3ds capture, and have your pc connected to the router via ethernet cable.

I use a laptop that's on wi-fi and am on the other side of the house and I get quality like this:

There are occasional hiccups and frame drops, but with an optimal setup described above you can get decent fps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk