Opinion on this situation? (PSP Go promotion-related w/TN Hen)

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by The Chow, Dec 25, 2010.

?

Should I Go for the PSP Go promotion, forcing me to wait for TN Hen 6.35?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. The Chow
    OP

Newcomer The Chow Member

Canada
    With the release of the TN Hen, I have just updated to OFW 6.20 (from OFW 5.70) on my PSP Go and am pretty happy with just HBL for now. I want to update to OFW 6.35 and log into the PSN for my three promotional PSP Go games really soon as to pre-empt the inevitable release of OFW 6.36 while keeping my firmware in line with TN's announced TN Hen 6.35.

I am fully aware that there will be homebrew ISO loaders (though I hear there actually is one less than 24-hours since the TN Hen release). The reason I want to do this is that I want the promotional games on my account to use on my older PSP (which I intend to keep legit) before I take the plunge into TN Hen with my PSP Go.

IF I decide to wait for TN Hen 6.35 with my PSP Go, I won’t be able to use Patapon 2 or Hot Shots to access HBL, right? What are my options if I actually go through with updating to OFW 6.35?

Keep in mind that I don't actually mind waiting for TN Hen 6.35. Is there really any reason I shouldn't be doing this just to have those promotional games to be added to my account?

2. stylow

Member stylow GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    there is still an exploit for 6.35 to use hbl

3. The Chow
    OP

Newcomer The Chow Member

Canada
    Ah. The HBL package I downloaded (which I think is the most recent) only mentions one method for 5.xx to 6.20 (using Patapon 2 demo), and another one covering 6.30 and 6.31 (using a legit copy of Hot Shots Golf). It doesn't say anything about 6.35. What is the exploit, exactly?

Does that mean I should be mostly and/or completely safe to... Go [​IMG] for that promotion, considering I don't mind waiting for TN Hen 6.35?

4. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    HBL r109-112 are able to function with an exploit in the game demo "minna no sukkiri" which works on firmwares 6.20-6.35.
    r109 is a first release though and has a lot of compatibility problems.
    and i heard r112 has some memory issues, so i think it's best if you use r111 which can be found on wololo's forum.

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Simply that the 6.35 exploit for HBL has not been released yet on wololo's site (he's intending to add some finishing touches or whatever).

I wouldn't risk it if I were you. HBL is used to launch the HEN, but you don't know what else might be required (the HEN author said 6.3x had a lot of changes) to actually run the HEN, and we don't know when it will come out.

6. The Chow
    OP

Newcomer The Chow Member

Canada
    Is that the exploit that Wololo mentioned was released at absolutely the worst timing?

Also, thanks Rydian for that advice.

7. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    yes, that's the one.

8. KevFan

Member KevFan GBAtemp Fan

Ireland
  9. The Chow
    OP

Newcomer The Chow Member

Canada
    That sounds intriguing. I'll be doing my own research on this plug-in, but it can't hurt to ask: anybody have any opinions on it?

My main concern is, of course, if the PSN would realize something's fishy and ban my account.
    I have made a sizeable amount of purchases already on the PSN, plus my User/Trophy level is relatively high.