Gaming #OperationPlatinum - Bayonetta2

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U pretty much lost in sales because of its marketing name. People thought it was like an add on for the Wii so two years later in to the Wii u life span i don't think it would be smart to name it Wii 2 as people would get confused as to what Nintendo's main product is, a Wii u or Wii 2.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U pretty much lost in sales because of its marketing name. People thought it was like an add on for the Wii so two years later in to the Wii u life span i don't think it would be smart to name it Wii 2 as people would get confused as to what Nintendo's main product is, a Wii u or Wii 2.
I understand your point, BUT I think it would STILL be worth that confusion. I think Wii U sales would literally instantly double.

Ron457x2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, not to get off topic, but the point of this thread is showing third party developers that it's not about the "M" rating on games that affect WiiU sales, but rather the content that is in it. #OperationPlatinum is about starting a trend with Bayonetta2, and proving to these developers that the rating is not the issue.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Geez. Why do Nin10yearolds act like they've been persecuted like the Jews in the Holocaust? This attempt at a "call to buy" movement is so unnecessary. There's voting with your wallet and then there's just desperation. Stay classy, GBATemp.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, not to get off topic, but the point of this thread is showing third party developers that it's not about the "M" rating on games that affect WiiU sales, but rather the content that is in it. #OperationPlatinum is about starting a trend with Bayonetta2, and proving to these developers that the rating is not the issue.
Except ratings do play a big part in sales.

"If you like M-rated games, then there's no reason why you should not get this game." Unless you don't like being told to buy things just because of their rating? Seriously, you say ratings aren't important but are basically telling people to buy this game solely for its ratings. That's silly.

Don't get me wrong. I want to play Bayonetta 2. But since I only have a PS3, Vita, and 3DS (all for exclusives of course), I'm not going to be able to for a while. There are no "must haves" for the WiiU (in my opinion, of course), unlike the PS3, 3DS, and recently, the Vita. I'll check back in on Bayonetta 2 when SMT x FE gets released, if it ever does.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hahaha, that was hilarious.

Yeah, indeed. It's so painful it's funny. :lol: Zombiu DID NOT MAKE A PROFIT. If it's really in the top 10 best selling titles (and I'm too lazy to look that up), then the problems are WAY worse than merely an image issue.

If the reviews are positive, then I'll get bayonetta 2. But I do it because I like sexy kinky damsels who are into lollipops and polar dancing, not because the last guy who can't afford a color webcam wants me to buy it.
Really...while there are certainly guys like me (30-something white guy who's into hentai) having a wiiu, I think the majority of the owners are children who got one because their parents had a nintendo product when they were young.

Worth mentioning: CoD advanced warfare isn't coming to wiiu[/url] and ubisoft is going to create less games as well (note: Dutch links...but from a pretty reliable site). I don't believe for a second a call like this is going to make a difference (we're not exactly being flooded with RPG's since operation rainfall, to name that other 'operation'), but we'll see.

Reactions: Ron457x2

Ron457x2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, indeed. It's so painful it's funny. :lol: Zombiu DID NOT MAKE A PROFIT. If it's really in the top 10 best selling titles (and I'm too lazy to look that up), then the problems are WAY worse than merely an image issue.

Wait wait, you're going to tell me ZombiU WASN'T Profitable for being a low budget game selling 700,000+ with NO Online, no LAN play, and no extra features? Yeah... not profitble my butt :glare: (In regards to Ubisoft, not to you.)

It's amazing how "X and Y game" doesn't make it to the WiiU platform and we get ridiculed for it, but when Nintendo fans/gamers are trying to support a positive cause such as this one, we still get looked upon as the outcast for SUPPORTING a damn game :blink:.
Eh, all I know is that Bayonetta2 is going to be an amazing game, despite it being on a Nintendo console :mthr:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"Are you tired of games that are under par on your system?" - no, but I bet developers are tired of systems that are under par for their games.

To be fair though, the more people buy Bayonetta 2 the better. If there's actually some interest in mature games on the Wii U, let it show and buy the damned game - otherwise you'll just have to live off of Just Dance and first-party titles.

loco365

Trophies
XP
INB4Bayonetta2bombs.

C'mon, we all know this is going to bomb hard.

Hardly likely. Because of two reasons:

1. Bayonetta is just that damn popular.
2. Platinum Games has a very decent track record with Nintendo. They developed MadWorld (The ratings were pretty good), Infinite Space, and The Wonderful 101 (Which scored quite well as well). And given this track record, I doubt this game will fail.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hardly likely. Because of two reasons:

1. Bayonetta is just that damn popular.
2. Platinum Games has a very decent track record with Nintendo. They developed MadWorld (The ratings were pretty good), Infinite Space, and The Wonderful 101 (Which scored quite well as well). And given this track record, I doubt this game will fail.

1. Bayonetta has a cult following. Nothing more. If it really was damn popular than it's existence would have relied on Nintendo funding it. Sega would have just developed it for PS4/Xbone.
2. Platinum gaems sell like shit with the exception of MG: Rising cos it's Metal Gear. Critical reception is normally good but sales are bomba stuff.

I'm sure the gaem will be very good but it is totally gonna bomb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he...