OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
29y4a5e.png

"Operation Libra" is an "escape the room game",

"Escape the room is a subgenre of adventure game,[1] usually created as a browser game for the Adobe Flash platform, that utilizes a point-and-click style of play. The object of the game is to find a way to escape from a mysterious room. The room usually consists of a locked door, several objects to manipulate as well as hidden clues or secret compartments.[2] The player must use the objects to interact with other items in the room to reveal a way to escape.[3]"

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_the_room)

vwr3ph.jpg
2n1i8fm.jpg

Operation Libra is not a demo. It is a full version of the game.

Originally made in Actionscript for an in-school class, the game was originally named Entrapment. Over the course of a month, the art and game engine were created in Flash and was later used for the intended project. However, a month after, I decided to port this onto the DS and see how it would go. Within 3 weeks, the game was ported onto the DS with extra features that were not previously included in the original Flash project.

28lcsj7.png
16j4viq.png

Although Operation Libra is an "escape the room game", the plot revolves the character escaping out of a mansion, with 9 rooms in total. There are 52 objects to examine, many of them interactive and required to escape out of the mansion. Every pixel of the environment art was designed by B12CORE and drawn by ALGraphics. The art was originally sized at 720 x 480, but was reduced to 256 x 192 in order to fit the DS proportions.

If you are playing this on an emulator, you will be unable to save or load files. Saving and loading is a feature exclusive only to actual hardware. However, you can save and load states.

How to play

Download Operation Libra here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mdolzmz2jzt

Move Operation Libra.nds onto your Flashcard.
Load it using your Flashcard's firmware.
You're done.

Controls

- D-Pad to move around and to rotate various tools such as the screwdriver.
- If you have DS Motion, you can tilt your Nintendo DS to move around.
- Touch Screen to interact with objects.
- Press the START button to Save.

I'm releasing this on August 16th for the Open BETA phase where the public can test and see how it is. In the next 4 days, I will be adding background music, renewed sound effects (if needed), and extra art (if possible). The gameplay, however, is 100% complete.

QUOTE said:
Credits

Producers:

B12CORE
ALGraphics

Game Designers:

B12CORE
ALGraphics
Choi

Art:

ALGraphics
B12CORE

Closed Beta Testers:

Alberto Panda
Aleks Manov
Alex Bolek
Angel Torres
Bella Tria
Cindy Kate
Corey Sarnia
Daniel Carter
Darion Gomez
David Shi
Evelyn Perry
Ferdinand Hollis
George Lai
Gurpreet Singh
John Lai
Jose Manuel
Lior Hermínio
Lutz Viliam
Mateo Zoto
Mattias Hermansson
Nick Trevisan
Patrick Oh
Sal Devereux
Sebastian Arne
Stavros Gregorios
Stephen Huang
Steve Ezeta
Thomas Kwon
Tomm Kasey
Tom Phan
William Daniels
(Alias) Airflow
(Alias) Bellatrix
(Alias) Equal_BASS
(Alias) Generic
(Alias) iamSTEVE
(Alias) Moogra
(Alias) Someone
(Alias) Sparks
(Alias) Traitor
(Alias) xYOMI

Special Thanks to:

Neoflash (for continually hosting professional homebrew competitions. Your support for the NDS homebrew community is well-appreciated.)

Spoiler-free Walkthrough : http://pastebin.com/f37080a0b

(you can use this as a guide on how to beat the game. For maximum enjoyment, however, I would suggest to use this lightly)

Operation::Libra is going open-source soon, basing it off of my Lua engine, Novellua. I'll keep you posted on this.

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love the art style. I've yet to see any other homebrew taking advantage of
hand-drawn environments. This looks pretty awesome and i will try it at as soon as
exam week is over (which is next week).
Good job to you and your team.

ashxu

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Looks pretty cool. No offense, but you need to draw humans a little better. Although i'm in no position to criticize art.

Do i see a Hotel Dusk icon?
lecture.gif

B12Core

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ashxu said:
Looks pretty cool. No offense, but you need to draw humans a little better. Although i'm in no position to criticize art.

Do i see a Hotel Dusk icon?
lecture.gif

haha, yes it is a Hotel Dusk icon.

Feedback is always welcome -- positive or negative. I'll contact my artist.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over