Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
301614_thumb.jpg

From the creators of Demon Gaze, Kadokawa, comes Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy. Another DRPG this time with a SciFi setting releasing April 14th 2015 in the West.

Operation Abyss takes place in the near future, with Tokyo under the constant threat of genetically-engineered monsters called variants, and portals that lead to a mysterious dimension called the Abyss. In response, the government establishes the Code Physics Agency to investigate, and as part of this team, you need to trek through dungeons, evade traps, and fight monsters.

le.jpg
Demon Gaze was of my favorite games of 2014 so I am definitely picking this one up!​

JoshuaBojangles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foregoing animated sprites or models is a pure design choice. They could "do better with this operation abiss" if they wanted to but using character portraits is indicative of the genre.

Im failing to remotely understand why Toukiden was brought into this at all...

Reactions: T-hug

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love dungeon crawlers, but I could never get into games like Etrian Odyssey. Got bored with Demon Gaze too. I heard Mind Zero sucked too. We need something along the lines of Dark Cloud.

Really? Im curious why ( this is coming from someone who has never been able to play an Etrian Odyssey game either, mostly due to time.) I would think that EO would be pretty inviting for a dungeon crawler series. Then again, Persona 3's Tartarus is starting to wear thin on me... 60 hours in.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Im curious why ( this is coming from someone who has never been able to play an Etrian Odyssey game either, mostly due to time.) I would think that EO would be pretty inviting for a dungeon crawler series. Then again, Persona 3's Tartarus is starting to wear thin on me... 60 hours in.
I honestly don't have that much experience with the series. I only played a few hours of the first EO, but finished Persona Q. Since that game is just EO with a Persona paint job, I'm going to assume it's indicative of the whole series. If this is incorrect, someone feel free to correct me.

I love the whole map system (making a detailed map keeps me engaged), but I didn't enjoy combat. It started off super hard, with party members dying in one turn, but then got super easy after a few hours (once you get a way to regenerate SP). It also seems to punish people who don't use specific strategies, like basing your party around status ailments. You can stunlock the final boss, FFS. It just didn't click with me.

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
woah.. to compare toukiden with operation abysss is really - random.

i´m really excited for this one, looks like demon gaze meets smt :o i loved demon gaze, but this setting looks even better.. but the game releases now 2 months later (at least in eu, don´t know about NA). i think this will be the first LE i´ll get from the heavy overpriced NISE store :/ damn, nisa has always awesome LE´s but the europe store was the most cruel thing they could ever do to us :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: im going off now...I'll turn off my brain