Opera with new kernel?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by PBC, Oct 29, 2007.

Oct 29, 2007

Opera with new kernel? by PBC at 2:28 AM (899 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. PBC
    OP

Member PBC What!? I can change this??

United States
    Hello all, I'm trying to run the opera browser on the new ezV kernel. 1.62 . Using an ezV and 3-1 pack and the same rom I had used successfully many times before. Everytime I start the rom up it says I don't have my memory pack in. I do.
    I take the pack out, put it back in, restart. I'm always careful to select GBALINK since that makes the RAM usable or something....The rumble works fine...the GBA portion works fine....

Is it just me???

2. shukuchi17

Newcomer shukuchi17 Newbie

Philippines
    yah, I have this problem too..anyone knows the fix?

3. roflmywaffle

Newcomer roflmywaffle Advanced Member

United States
    This question is getting ridiculously asked. It's not broken. Apparently no one read the kernel release notes.

When you're hovered over the Opera Browser (or any program that needs/utilizes the RAM pack), tap "Rumble on" with your stylus on the bottom screen. It will change to "GBAlink On", Then it works properly.

Windirt (the EZ Flash Representative that speaks English) DID tell us about this...

4. PBC
    OP

United States
    nope!! sorry...I did mention in the FIRST POST that I was careful to select GBALINK eachtime I tried!

So...this is abit different i think? Waffle do you have an EZV + 3-1 + new kernal and have tried?

5. roflmywaffle

Newcomer roflmywaffle Advanced Member

United States
    Hmmm...wacky. I didn't use the Opera Browser to test, I used DSO and tested it on GBAlink only. I assumed that, as in 1.61, if one program detected it in GBALink on, it would work in all of them.

When I tested it on "Rumble On", just now, same result- Dslinux detected the RAM.

I tried the Opera Browser, and you're definitely right- it has broken under 1.62, neither mode works. Sorry for my error. :'(

(And, yes, I'm omgwtfbbq on the EZV forums.)

6. PBC
    OP

United States
    No worries! Looks like they fixed it right quick! 1.63 is out.