Opera Wii and video streaming

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Hso, Apr 15, 2008.

Apr 15, 2008

Opera Wii and video streaming by Hso at 4:24 PM (1,314 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Hso
    OP

Newcomer Hso Member

United Kingdom
    Hey ^^
    Can anyone tell me if it is yet possible to stream videos off a local machine and view them in the Opera browser?
    I know it's possible to host websites on a personal computer, but i have no idea about a video application that would work in Wii's browser..
    I'd assume that the videos would need to be encoded into FLV first, but that's all i can think of..
    Any ideas?

Thanks ^^

2. voodoolady

Newcomer voodoolady Newbie

Brazil
    I use TVersity (tversity.com). It converts video to FLV on the fly, but playback is a bit choppy, at least for me. Don´t know if the problem is in my computer, or with the wireless network.

I also know 2 other programs that are basically the same: ORB (orb.com) and some winamp plugin I don´t know the name of. I couldn´t make video work with orb, but I didn´t really try hard enough.

3. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    I use Winamp Remote to stream music and videos. You don't even have to convert them, though I think there was another website that could do the same, but it did it over LAN instead of streaming to the internet then to your Wii. It works for phones, PS3, Wii, PCs, and Xbox 360s. I don't really know if there's one any better, but it uses flash which works on the Wii's Opera Browser. Some of my videos don't work though. Some of the movies work, but then the other ones don't even though it has the same extensions. I installed the Codecs but it still doesn't work. You can try it here though: Orb - Winamp

4. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    try TVersity

http://tversity.com/home

seems like it works nice with the Wii, it doesnt work like the winamp extension. It's LAN oriented, so you dont need to download them, it streams the videos.

But doesnt work with mp3 and such, stick with Orb for that