Opera Web Browser

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by suprneb, Oct 14, 2007.

Oct 14, 2007

Opera Web Browser by suprneb at 5:49 AM (819 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. suprneb
    OP

Member suprneb GBAtemp Regular

United States
    1. Will it work on the Supercard Lite and/or EZ Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack?
    2. Is it basically like using the internet at home? all images will show up and every format is supported? or are there still bugs that needed to be fixed?

2. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
    You need a slot 1 and either of those
    Images show up, there are a lot of different modes for viewing, but it's pretty slow (laggy) and no javascript (no youtube either!)

3. iffy525

Member iffy525 not famous

United States
    yeah no flash which SUCKS

4. Kellicros

Member Kellicros GBAtemp Fan

1) With appropriately patched roms, yes.
    2) Quoted from Nintendo DS Browser wiki:

5. suprneb
    OP

United States
    ok but when you say i need a slot1 and either a supercard lite or a 3-in-1, im a little confused

i have an r4 right now, and im deciding whether to get a supercard lite or a 3-in-1

i just recently found out that the 3-in-1 can only hold 1 gba game at a time so im leaning more towards the supercard lite, but my new question is will it work simultaneously with my r4 (or will the 3-in-1 work simultaneously, for that matter)?

and i thought the 3-in-1 came with both a slot1 and a slot2 part

6. kellyan95

Banned kellyan95 Banned

United States
    You need something with ram to use the browser, like gba playing slot 2s. You also need something to put the rom on, a slot 1

7. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    3-in-1 works differently than other flash carts. You need a Slot-1 to hold the GBA games, then just flash them on your 3-in-1. You can only play one game at once, so when you want to switch, flash another game using your Slot-1. It's not like most others where you have to flash with your PC and then you pick between a few stored games, all you have to do is use your DS.

8. suprneb
    OP

United States
    ohhh, so i can store like 5 ROMS on my slot1 (in this case, my R4?) and then play it and save it and then play another ROM?

for example: if i have Metal Slug and Pokemon Emerald as GBA roms on my R4, then i could play metal slug and create a save point and then play poke emerald and then eventually go back to my save point in metal slug?

9. Kellicros

Member Kellicros GBAtemp Fan

If you plan to play GBA games, go for 3-in-1, and only 3-in-1, the Supercard Lite has bad GBA support. Of course, there're better GBA flashcarts out there but, nothing could beat the price 3-in-1. It plays GBA games smoothly without slowdown, have almost 100% GBA games compatibility excluding those that requires special hardware, thats it.

Whilst you may only flash 1 games to the NOR ram, with Rudolph's tool, games under 16Mb can be quickly loaded into the PSRAM(originally designed to work with DS browser). Saves will be automatically backed up, or loaded into the SRAM appropriately, there shouldn't any conflicts, you can load and save for as many games as you want, but just a word of advice, don't load and play one same games on NOR and PSRAM at the same time, if you plan to switch games from NOR to PSRAM or vise versa, make sure you backup and load your saves manually.

the 3 in 1 expansion is good, it just need a while to learn and get a hang of it.

10. 1man1dream

Member 1man1dream GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Going to buy the browser on tuesday, hope all goes well