Hacking Opera on EZ Flash 3 in 1?

Dawwer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,
i have a this huge problem and not found answer here... I have a Acekard 2 and EZ Flash 3 in 1. I used GBA ExPloader version 0.58b By Rudolph. GBA game work corectly, but Opera always write "....please insert Memory Pack....". In ExPloader i set "Memory expansion", of course. A try it several hours and now i am totally out.... Somebody help pls? Thanx in advance...

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't the official firmware (and AKAIO) both support running the browser directly from the menu (with the EZFlash 3-in-1 in slot 2) without the use of GBA ExpLoader?

I'm pretty sure they support GBA directly from the menu (so there's no need to use GBA ExpLoader for GBA), but I'm less sure about the browser.

-Bri

Dawwer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanx for reply.

I try official firmware from Acekard and AKAIO.v1.3rc1 too. If i run Opera directly, she write"....please insert Memory Pack....", much like when i try it after launch exploader "Memory Expansion". It is possible, so Ez card is broken? But GBA roms works correctly.... Its very strange, i bought EZ mainly because of Opera and GBA roms...

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dawwer said:
i bought EZ mainly because of Opera and GBA roms...

Obviously, you haven't yet had the experience of using Opera on the NDS. Imagine waiting 15 minutes for every page to load. Listen to Smiths. It seriously sucks.

-Bri

Dawwer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bri said:
Obviously, you haven't yet had the experience of using Opera on the NDS. Imagine waiting 15 minutes for every page to load. Listen to Smiths. It seriously sucks.

-Bri

I know, because i have original Nintendo DS browser, but FAT version. I have at home wifi, that is why i need it. Any something idea? Thanx to all
rolleyes.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It sounds to me like something is wrong with your 3-in-1 (Smiths suggested maybe it's the battery) but I don't know why it would work with GBA games and not the browser.

If you must have a browser running on your DS, you could use a homebrew browser. Most of them don't handle images very well, but they tend to be much faster than Opera.

-Bri

Dawwer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, thanx for advice. Ill will be try next various things and if something work, i write there. And last wish - please recommend me your favourite homebrew browser. Thanx a lot and happy new year
yaynds.gif

dragon574444

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem you describe. I reccomend you flash a game to your 3-in-1's NOR, then try the browser again. Not sure why, but it worked for me.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The browser that is included with DSOrganize is popular and is often recommended. Be sure you get DSOrganize version 3.1129 and not a later version. There was another version released after 3.1129 (I think it was 3.2) but it was released prematurely because the author no longer wanted to develop the program. A lot of people have problems with the "newer" version because it is not very stable.

-Bri

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
i do wanna say i confirmed with two white screens like once or twice... then i took out the cart or something and it worked on the third try.
I didn't modify anything in the source... no idea. I think the browser RAM needs a "waking up". Try flashing a game, as suggested.

Dawwer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lyzard said:
yeah new ez flash does not recognize opera. i hope rudoplh's tool new version come out soon
But, it means, that my card is probably OK... Do you know something about new Rudolphs Tool? Due to complaint of my card... Thanx
rolleyes.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try this standalone on the browser:
http://nds.cmamod.com/ez5/CZ-O31Pp-test1.zip
I pulled an extra function out of disasm of the kernel, it is new/I've not seen it before when only 3in1 was used (well, it works out to SetShake(8) when 0xF0, 0xF1, 0xF2 are normally used to set intensity.) This patch still works great on my 3in1 and 3in1 proto when running prepatched browser from m3real which doesn't support unpatched with 3in1, though I cannot directly test on a 3in1p. Hopefully the extra command is meant for 3in1plus, worth a shot at any rate - if someone has a plus to test it on I'd appreciate it if you could find out for me
wink.gif

damnesiac

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cory1492 said:
Try this standalone on the browser:
http://nds.cmamod.com/ez5/CZ-O31Pp-test1.zip
I pulled an extra function out of disasm of the kernel, it is new/I've not seen it before when only 3in1 was used (well, it works out to SetShake(8) when 0xF0, 0xF1, 0xF2 are normally used to set intensity.) This patch still works great on my 3in1 and 3in1 proto when running prepatched browser from m3real which doesn't support unpatched with 3in1, though I cannot directly test on a 3in1p. Hopefully the extra command is meant for 3in1plus, worth a shot at any rate - if someone has a plus to test it on I'd appreciate it if you could find out for me
wink.gif

Tested it on my plus just now. I'm new at this and only got my 3in1 today but it didn't work. Followed the directions in the nfo to get the patched browser.nds file. I thought it'd work because it said saving data just after it loaded but then did the usual no mempory expansion found screen.
frown.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well then, without the hardware it becomes improbable I will find the solution. I will try and put another patch with the code copied directly from EZ kernel but I doubt it will make any difference - it hasn't changed in there as far as I can tell. I've left a message on the ez us forum, maybe windirt will come across it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1