OpenWii: 3.0U didn't brick my Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Bslashingu, Aug 8, 2007.

Aug 8, 2007
  1. Bslashingu
    OP

Newcomer Bslashingu Member

United States
    Despite all of the warnings, I decided to update to 3.0U, and everything is fine. I'm using OpenWii 2.1, and no problems so far with my real copies and backups. I played a real copy of Zelda: TP, and a backup, and they both worked fine. Gamecube games also load.

I wouldn't guarantee the same results as I got, though. I didn't take the mod chip out at all, and I also didn't get the warning screen, but my Wii is now 3.0U. [​IMG]

It's kinda weird I didn't get the "Modified Wii" warning, but after I updated, I went to the "Update Console" option again, and got the warning, so I decided not to update again. Is there another update afterwards?

2. MaHe

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    Don't update do 2.2 - you're scr*wed then. However, any older FW revisions work fine ...

3. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    guys.. everyone gets the warning after you update to 3.0 and try to update again. There is NO update after 3.0 at this time! It's just a simple popup! Even non-modded people get it!

4. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    It's a bit sad you had to open a new topic for this while it's being heavily discussed in the other topic....