OpenWii: 3.0U didn't brick my Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Bslashingu, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Bslashingu
    OP

Bslashingu Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    Despite all of the warnings, I decided to update to 3.0U, and everything is fine. I'm using OpenWii 2.1, and no problems so far with my real copies and backups. I played a real copy of Zelda: TP, and a backup, and they both worked fine. Gamecube games also load.

I wouldn't guarantee the same results as I got, though. I didn't take the mod chip out at all, and I also didn't get the warning screen, but my Wii is now 3.0U. [​IMG]

It's kinda weird I didn't get the "Modified Wii" warning, but after I updated, I went to the "Update Console" option again, and got the warning, so I decided not to update again. Is there another update afterwards?

2. MaHe

MaHe one lazy schmo

Aug 4, 2006
    Slovenia
    Maribor
    Don't update do 2.2 - you're scr*wed then. However, any older FW revisions work fine ...

3. manias

manias GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 7, 2007
    Netherlands
    guys.. everyone gets the warning after you update to 3.0 and try to update again. There is NO update after 3.0 at this time! It's just a simple popup! Even non-modded people get it!

4. berlinka

berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Jul 31, 2003
    Netherlands
    Harderwijk, Netherlands
    It's a bit sad you had to open a new topic for this while it's being heavily discussed in the other topic....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice