OpeniBoot brings Android to iPad, iPhone 4, and iPod Touch

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is seriously awesome.
I was waiting for android for my iPod 4g.
But DUAL-BOOT?
biggrin.gif

That's friggen amazing.

I need this NAOW!
Slyakin, you have told the truth.

I hope this will be released soon
biggrin.gif

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Slyakin said:
I am also beginning to wonder if this will support iPod 3Gs... That would be great.
tongue.gif
Nope.. Besides this is (after researching) only the bootloader.. The source code from Android still has to be modified to work with the hardware.. And the maker of the bootloader said he won't do that part.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kwartel said:
Slyakin said:
I am also beginning to wonder if this will support iPod 3Gs... That would be great.
tongue.gif
Nope.. Besides this is (after researching) only the bootloader.. The source code from Android still has to be modified to work with the hardware.. And the maker of the hardware said he won't do that part.
Well, it's a good thing I have an iPhone 4!
tongue.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kwartel said:
Slyakin said:
tongue.gif
Nope.. Besides this is (after researching) only the bootloader.. The source code from Android still has to be modified to work with the hardware.. And the maker of the hardware said he won't do that part.
Maker of the hardware?
rofl.gif
That'd be Apple. Of course they ain't gonna port Android to the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch

pistone

Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
bootlace 2.1 is released,this release has the ability to install openiboot and idroid 1.03 (2.2 froyo) on your iphone 2-3g directly from your phone no pc need , the idroid team is working for making the other idevices compatible with idroid
for more idroid wiki

iv installed successfully idroid on my iphone 2g but its still on early stage,the camera app dont work (missing drivers) wifi is buggy, battery drain fast ect
but the idroid team is working form making the idroid fully compatible
so if you have an old 2g iphone like mine you can always install idroid for a fresh new air off apps (apple du not support iphone 2g any more
angry.gif
)

p.s android market is not preinstalled

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um will this work on iPod Touch 2G MC model its supposedly a 3G but it has the 2G hardware.

master00d said:
bootlace 2.1 is released,this release has the ability to install openiboot and idroid 1.03 (2.2 froyo) on your iphone 2-3g directly from your phone no pc need , the idroid team is working for making the other idevices compatible with idroid
for more idroid wiki

iv installed successfully idroid on my iphone 2g but its still on early stage,the camera app dont work (missing drivers) wifi is buggy, battery drain fast ect
so if you have an old 2g iphone like mine you can always install idroid for a fresh new air off apps (apple du not support iphone 2g any more
angry.gif
)

If you can test out the browser does Flash work?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JinTrigger said:
Thought I already posted this....but why would you want android firmware on your ipod and would this work on an iphone 2g
Android is awesome, for one. Also, most (if not all) official carriers of Android are cell phones.

The iPhone 2G already works with the previous version that has been released already. Google.
smile.gif

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SifJar said:
kwartel said:
Slyakin said:
tongue.gif
Maker of the hardware?
rofl.gif
That'd be Apple. Of course they ain't gonna port Android to the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
xD I failed~! Fixed it though!

pistone

Trophies
in your heart...coz secretly you love me !!!!
XP
Country
Albania
Jakob95 said:
Um will this work on iPod Touch 2G MC model its supposedly a 3G but it has the 2G hardware.

master00d said:
for more idroid wiki

angry.gif
)

If you can test out the browser does Flash work?

iv tested the browser
it seams that flash is supported but you need to install android market to download the flash plug in

and if someone ask why android on iphone 2g its quite simple,apple have no more support for iphone 2g (i mean the firmware support not for client support)
so any app that is released for 3.2 firmware will not work on your iphone,but if you have froyo on your iphone you can install any of the new apps that is released on the android platform ,so new games tools ect
+ android has some great apps that apple would never put in appstore

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: