klouud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!!

I know that this has been discussed at length on the interwebs, but no one has come up with a solution for changing out the microphone sample sound using OSX, OpenEMU, and the DesMume core.

Currently, there is no way to swap out a different core (to the best of my knowledge). And there is no option to change mic sample sounds (like in the windows version).

I have manually scoured the OpenEMU.app and "Library" files to find the sound file to replace it to no avail.

It would be awesome if:

1. Someone could tell me the location and file name of the mic sample sound

or

2. Confirm that save states are cross compatible. If I have to swap to another emulator with a different core to progress past parts that require a puff or blow into the DS then so be it.

please and thanks!

tim

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
the saves should be compatible. the default save on desmume is .dsv but you can import .sav files.
there is also converters from different types of .sav
unless that emulator is super special and decides to use a shaddy save there is no issue.

Reactions: klouud

klouud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the saves should be compatible. the default save on desmume is .dsv but you can import .sav files.
there is also converters from different types of .sav
unless that emulator is super special and decides to use a shaddy save there is no issue.

ok thanks. from what I have read -this is the only option as of right now (with OpenEMU for mac).

klouud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The mic "just works" in the DesMume stand alone emulator for mac.

ok next question.

No, switching between OpenEMU for Mac and Desmume (stand alone emulator) save states is not as simple as it seems.

OpenEMU uses a .oesavestate bundle while Desmume uses .dsx (where x = 1-0 values; slot 1, 2, 3...) and/or .dst files.
I tried copying a .dsx file, renaming it to "State" and dumping it into a .oesavestate file over top of the old "State" file. This causes OpenEMU to crash.
Somehow I got it to overwrite the autosave file and it sorta worked. But I would like a more reproducible and reliable method.

Any ideas?

thanks

PS: I don't understand why the mic in the DesMume core doesn't work as well in OpenEMU as is does as a stand-alone emulator.

klouud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok - the common denominator is the "battery save files" are exactly the same format. BOOM! DONE! Problem solved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters