[Open Sourcing] Screenshot plugin for NTR CFW 1.0 and 2.x

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by conanac, Jul 19, 2015.

1. conanac
    OP

conanac Be an Angel

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I have spent some time doing RE and modification to the screenshot plugin for NTR CFW 1.0 as well as taking a look at the built-in screenshot plugin in the NTR CFW 2.x.

I have decided to make it open source so that anyone could use and perhaps improve and help fixing any issues. Hopefully it could make screenshot ability becomes easier to implement for any 3DS *applications*. You could use "REaMscreenshot.plg" file (available in the "release" folder in GitHub) when running both NTR CFW 1.0 or 2.x by putting it in the "/plugin/home" folder in your 3DS SD card.

Here is the link:
    https://github.com/conanac/REaMscreenshot

When I have a time, another de-assembly and de-compile future project would be the savetool plugin.

And in case anyone is interested, I have also managed to decompile the simple "main.o" from the gameplg package (template or example for creating game cheat codes) that cell9 somehow did not include in the source code package (while the object file is there so I don't know what the reason is). I am planning to publish it in GitHub as well.

Cheers.

2. OctopusRift

OctopusRift GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"

Nov 19, 2014
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    God I love you.

ariankordi likes this.
  3. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    are there any new features between this REaMscreenshot.plg and the original screenshot.plg?

4. conanac
    OP

conanac Be an Angel

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I changed the order of screenshots, the original uses top then bottom. In REaM version, bottom then top. This helps getting the bottom screenshot for the ACNL game. The original always gives the bottom screenshot the same as the top screenshot for this game (i.e. the top and bottom screenshot bitmap files show the same picture which is from the top screen). Actually this problem is not in the plugin itself, but I think the issue is in the acquire/release control video functions in the NTR CFW itself (and cell9 has not addressed this issue, or I am not sure whether it will be addressed or not).

OctopusRift likes this.
  5. Rhymekaze

Rhymekaze Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2015
    United States
    now, someone smarter than i, make it a cake for rxtools 2.6b

good shit though, OP!

Margen67 likes this.
  6. dfsa3fdvc1

dfsa3fdvc1 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2015
    Albania
    Any chance we could get a release for NTR 3.0? I put the .plg from the "release" folder in a "plugin" folder on the root of my SD and I don't think it worked. The menu had just the same options as before. (NTR 3.0 on GW EmuNAND)

One big useability change that would make this the best thing ever is having screenshots be named "[TITLE_ID]_[DATE&TIME]_[TOP_or_BOTTOM].bmp"

If only I could get this working with 3.0 :(
    I'm not good at programming though sadly. (I did write a program that batch merges the top and bottom screenshots generated into single images)

Last edited by dfsa3fdvc1, Aug 4, 2015
    Margen67, ShizzleMyDizzle and Zidapi like this.
  7. soneek

soneek GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2012
    United States
    One thing I wanna look into is running this in the background, essentially dumping frames into raw video.

8. ShizzleMyDizzle

ShizzleMyDizzle Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2015
    Gambia, The
    a release for NTR 3.0 would be great!

Margen67 likes this.
  9. dfsa3fdvc1

dfsa3fdvc1 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2015
    Albania
    It works on 3.0. Just put the plugin file in \plugin\home\.

Margen67 likes this.
  10. ariankordi

ariankordi GBATemp Greg Joswiak

Oct 25, 2014
    United States
    /dev/null
    That would probably make the game VERY choppy (we're talking 3 fps max maybe if we're lucky) since the screenshot plugin doesn't take the screenshots immediately already.

Margen67 likes this.