PS1/2 Open PS2 Loader mod

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
OpenPS2loader wont load the games from my HDD, usb is great loads Shadow of Colossus (using 0.5) and other non compatible games that didnt work.
Does the HDD need to be setup as 28bit, 48bit or Toxic os for it to be seen by Openps2loader?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
HDD only works if you use the latest mod or if you use one of the latest semi-public versions. The official releases don't play anything from HDD. And the format is the same HD Loader uses.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cobleman said:
0.7 has been released can now play Internal HDD and USB

It does USB, HDD and network loading and the latest mod i released already did that too. I won't release a new mod soon, because the speed improvement is very small.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
So it does! I honestly hadnt tried it with my internal HDD when i tested it. I used it on an American PS2 that i had sitting in the shed with a USB HDD. I just tried it but couldnt get the soft reset to work on V5

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cobleman said:
So it does! I honestly hadnt tried it with my internal HDD when i tested it. I used it on an American PS2 that i had sitting in the shed with a USB HDD. I just tried it but couldnt get the soft reset to work on V5
When you say internal HDD...do you mean the PS3's internal HDD?

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Rock Raiyu said:
cobleman said:
No Ps2 internal HDD

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Rock Raiyu said:
cobleman said:

Only usb and network loading work on ps3s and you need Swap Magic to run Open PS2 Loader on ps3s at all. Oh and it needs to be a ps2 compatible ps3 of course, but i don't know if it needs to be 1st gen or if 2nd gen is good enough.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
justinefremlouw said:
So, how fast do games that are "compatible" work with USB?

Ultra slow. USB on a ps2 is restricted to 1.1 MB/s, well that's the theoretical max value, in fact it's a bit slower. The ps2 DVD drive is a 4x drive(~5MB/s), so all games that even only rely on half the max speed get stuttering videos and very long loading times.

The network adpater of the ps2 is said to be a 100MBit/s one, so the theoretical max speed there is about 10 MB/s. I don't know how fast it actually is, but it's way faster than usb loading, but still not as fast as reading retail discs.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Rock Raiyu said:
cobleman said:

Only usb and network loading work on ps3s and you need Swap Magic to run Open PS2 Loader on ps3s at all. Oh and it needs to be a ps2 compatible ps3 of course, but i don't know if it needs to be 1st gen or if 2nd gen is good enough.
I knew all that...I was just wondering if I could run from internal HDD but I guess not. I only have a 10GB HDD so I'll need to get a bigger one...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: