ROM Hack Open Experiment: Replace Xenoblade Chronicles 3DS textures with Wii Higher resolution textures

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Once the JP version gets out, I'll look into undubbing. If I get it working, I'll gladly post a tutorial here for once N3DS crypto stuff goes public!
nice although the only person who needs the tutorial is the person who is going to upload the modified 3ds to share.
imagine if every game undub was simply a tutorial, think of the noobs...

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember, I believe the contents of the Wii versions ahx.pkbs actually varied. As such, swapping the entire file may or may not work. I still want to look into this, but I've been too busy with other things to do so (and i need to re-generate that romfs xorpad, actually! whoops...)
Also, there's already a thread for this in a more appropriate subforum. I'd recommend continuing this discussion (including quoting me or whatever) over there.
Great to hear you're still looking into it.
Have you seen this file listing by Sciresm:
http://pastebin.com/bApQ3BiA
Interestingly I see jpn files coexist with localized files.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nice although the only person who needs the tutorial is the person who is going to upload the modified 3ds to share.
imagine if every game undub was simply a tutorial, think of the noobs...
You're right, what a waste of time and effort.

Thanks for the offer WulfyStylez, but I think we'll wait for someone else to crack the crypto and provide an undub.

/sarcasm

Reactions: cearp

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
The texture quality in this game got sacrificed so that the rewritten game engine can accommodate a larger draw distance (than what the N3DS specs would normally be able to do) and more characters in view while keeping a stable framerate IN3D. Even if TC somehow manages to up-res the game, it will be unoptimized as fuck, and would probably play like a slideshow.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a Partition7.romfs.xorpad while decrypting Bravely Second today, never seen it before. Not horribly related to this thread, but the game compiled fine without it. I'm thinking it's N3DS-exclusive update data?

Sorry for the worthless post, this is the only relevant thread that comes up when searching for it :mellow:

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
What I'd actually like to see is someone nerf the graphics instead (severely lower draw distance, compress textures more) and get it to run on Old 3DS. I almost never play in 3D and lag is acceptable.

loco365

Trophies
XP
What I'd actually like to see is someone nerf the graphics instead (severely lower draw distance, compress textures more) and get it to run on Old 3DS. I almost never play in 3D and lag is acceptable.
That'd require a rewrite of the game because the game itself has features exclusively used on the N3DS, including the additional RAM.

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
That'd require a rewrite of the game because the game itself has features exclusively used on the N3DS, including the additional RAM.

hmm i don't think you quite understand... we need to simply nerf the graphics, remove the n3ds only flag, and rebuild the rom
I'm not sure which one of you is serious and which one is joking...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay