Country
Slovenia
http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_actualizado...-plugin_1364421

google translate:

QUOTE said:
[Updated 18/01] Reverse engineering Project DIP-Plugin
by Spaceman Spiff 13 Jan 2010 23:31

Hello!

Some time ago I'm working on trying to do reverse engineering on the DIP-Plugin to understand how to take it. The dip-plugin version of Hermes is exactly the version that uses the uLoader 3.6A.

The project is at: http://github.com/spacemanspiff/odip-plugin

After doing some bug fixes, this version of the plugin loads correctly DIP games from my Wii chip with the uLoader. Unfortunately I can not try to read Wii backups without a chip because I have a Wii without chip.

Now that I have DIP-Plugin works fairly well with Chip, I'm starting to perform the tests with loading games via USB.

When you want to try or see how it's done this DIP-Plugin can download it from github. To prove just have to replace the dip-plugin version 3.6 in the source code and compile uLoader.

Greetings

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice. is there any chance one of you spanish speaking coders may translate the comments in the source code for us non spanish folks?

also, has anybody else compiled this? the file im getting is a few hundred bytes bigger than i expected. is it just me and my compiler?

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this can be developed as a open-source alternative to Wanin's pacthes to IOS?
What is the benefit of the DIP plugin working with chip? I thought chips don't need it, anyone tested it without chip?

EDIT: nevermind, just read that hermes had a chat with Waninkoko and that he'll uplaod the dip plugin's source when he has enough time.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm very curious about the mentioning of the chip.

I tried google translate to read up on this but well google translate makes it impossible to understand.

I really hope some of the "brains" out there take a good look at this and maybe release an open source cIOS that has english comments and can handle modules for other things like NAND emu as we still don't have any option of writing games save to SD/USB which imho is a must or should be.

I'm going to follow this with interest but think it will take a long time to see people releasing anytihng new, hope I'm wrong of course.

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
OK basically the guy has reverse engineered the DIP plugin.
Has games working on his chipped Wii.
Can't test games loading without a chip since he only has a chipped Wii.
He has done some tests with USB loading and they load perfectly, but cannot get games to install using the reverse engineered DIP plugin.

(My very quick summarised translation...)

spaceman.spiff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi!

The Open Source DIP plugin is working fine with USB (install and load games) and with a chipped Wii.

There are some problems when using it with a Wii that is not chipped, but Hermes is working on fixing this. He will be releasing soon an updated version of uLoader based on the open source version of this dip-plugin.

Forgive my English... I am not a native English speaker.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16