Homebrew oot3dhax - what can i do?

SgtLunatics

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I've been reading up online that the oot3dhax works with 10.4 and I happened to come across the game in my local retailer, for a rip off price ofcourse! Anyway, what exactly can i do with this hack? Can I use it to make my 3ds play games from other regions? Could anyone give me some insight to this? Living in the UK sucks for 3DS games and I'd like to play the new Fire Emblem game in the next couple of weeks :D

Thanks in advance!

SgtLunatics

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I see. Does it work on 10.4 though? and how do I access the QR scan mode? Sorry but I haven't really used my N3DS at all since buying it so i'm still unsure of how it works.

LarBob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. Does it work on 10.4 though? and how do I access the QR scan mode? Sorry but I haven't really used my N3DS at all since buying it so i'm still unsure of how it works.
On home screen, press L + R and click the button on the bottom screen that looks like a QR code. By the way, you should probably update to 10.5 before anything else comes out as 10.5 supports all hax 10.4 does and fixes SD card corruption issues.

SgtLunatics

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok that worked and all but when do I have to keep scanning the QR code whenever I want to access that menu? Is there no way to have an icon on the home screen or something?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok that worked and all but when do I have to keep scanning the QR code whenever I want to access that menu? Is there no way to have an icon on the home screen or something?
Unless you downgrade your system (which is currently not possible on 10.3+) you must use a hax entry point every time, or you can install MenuHax from inside the Homebrew Loader, that way you can at least access it during boot by holding a button (or by not holding a button, your choice on the triggers) :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @SylverReZ