Homebrew Oot3dhax issue

m10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I followed the guide to install oot3dhax with another hacked o3ds, the oot cartridge has the required save file but now when I run the save file on my 9.9 o3ds, it says error: /rxtools/sys/code.bin not found Press start to reboot..

Any help is appreciated, thanks

m10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have an rxtools folder if that's what you mean.. I want to downgrade to 9.2

Jon O'Brien

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try installing menuhax and downgrade from there. I can't personally help you with oothax because I don't own Ocarina of Time.

Jon O'Brien

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have homebrew on the hacked 3ds then use the new starter pack on smealum's website and use the oothax install and see if that works.

Reactions: N64

m10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ocarina already has the exploit installed, it is when I try to launch it on the 9.9 o3ds where it gives the error

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you are using another 3DS to install Oot3DHax, the problem may be because the hacked 3DS is not on 9.9. If I remember correctly, the Oot3DHax installer automatically detects your system version and installs the payload accordingly to that system (I may be wrong though). As such, your Oot3D cartridge has a payload installed for a different version than the system you're trying to execute it on. For a solution to this problem, go to this link and download the 9.9 version of the "otherapp payload" and using save manager or svdt, inject that payload into the game cartridge.

EDIT:
Just read the comments and it seems you have rxTools installed on the hacked 3DS. This means that 3DS is likely on 9.2 and thus, installing the 9.2 payload onto the Oot3D cartridge.

Last edited by ChaosRipple,

Jon O'Brien

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you are using another 3DS to install Oot3DHax, the problem may be because the hacked 3DS is not on 9.9. If I remember correctly, the Oot3DHax installer automatically detects your system version and installs the payload accordingly to that system (I may be wrong though). As such, your Oot3D cartridge has a payload installed for a different version than the system you're trying to execute it on. For a solution to this problem, go to this link and download the 9.9 version of the "otherapp payload" and using save manager or svdt, inject that payload into the game cartridge.
TRUE!!!!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I forgot about the system version on the hacked 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)